Good morning my friends. I surely hope this finds you well and safe.
Hard to believe that this is the last Sunday in November (boy it flew by) and that we have 4 weeks to prepare for Christmas. Five weeks and we start a new year! My goodness.
I hope that all in the U.S. had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was different, but nice and quiet. I guess that is the only constant in the world - things change!!!!! We can always be sure of that.
We have had a couple pretty, sunny and semi decent days. Love seeing the sunshine - it sure is a mood lifter. This coming week is supposed to be colder and they have even thrown around that nasty four letter S word!!!!!!. It looks like my area may get a few flurries or a dusting - but that is about it (I hope).
So December will be coming in more seasonal than November has been. Ba-Humbug! LOL
I look forward to the daylight hours to start getting longer instead of shorter - after winter solstice!
- Did a ton of paperwork - paid all bills I had in house, balanced checkbook (ugh), and filed away lots of papers
- Received and wrote a snail mail letter
- Did all the usual - laundry, vacuum, dust, and cleaned inside windows, mirrors and glass
- Got the other rain barrel drained and put away
- Final rake of the season
- I fixed a downspout I had that was leaking
- Put up my (few) Christmas decorations inside and placed wreaths, mailbox cover, Christmas flag, and pots of fake poinsettia's out front.
- I baked a turkey breast, a tiny chunk of ham, baked a pan of mac n cheese. Made a peach cheesecake and made brownies. I wanted something crunchy on top of mac and had no dried onions or corn flakes - so I ground up some Cheetos and topped it. Cheese and more cheese!!! Yum.
- Ended up with a pint of broth from the turkey pan and then cooked the bones down and ended up with 3 quarts more for the freezer.
- Went to the feed store and did a big stock up of critter goodies to last past the end of the year. Got the best ear corn I have seen in ages - the ears are HUGE
- Got my holiday cards out and ready to address
- Got to share my Thanksgiving food with a couple of neighbors and a friend. They were pleased.
- NO shopping - grocery or gifts
My meals this past week:
Bean/rice leftover and scrambled eggs
Cheesy beef and rice/bean topped with chopped tomatoes
Sausage gravy over toast
Chili (from freezer) smothered brats (open face sandwich)
Turkey, mac n cheese and dessert
Ham, mac n cheese, slaw and sliced tomatoes - dessert
Ham, turkey and mac - dessert
Got to talk with lots of family this week - which is always nice. It really has been a pretty quiet week. Last night I slept better than I have in months! (I don't ever sleep well -- never straight through).
I have totally been enjoying the sunshine we have had the past couple days. Some days it is just those little things that make a difference.
Today I am going to make some turkey and noodles - just sounds comforting. That is what winter is all about!
How was your week? Did you get any deals or do any holiday shopping? Any crafting?
Baking? How are you stretching those leftovers?
May you and yours have a wonderful week. Let us know what you are doing to get ready for Christmas!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.