Good morning and day to you all. Hope this finds you all well and safe.
It is another cold and gray morning here. That has pretty much been the normal this week. By cold, I am speaking of the 30's (F) for a high - which really isn't that cold I guess. It is pretty normal for this time of the year. Gray and clouds have also been the norm. I must admit the sun made an appearance yesterday for part of the day and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! What a mood changer!
The kitties outside enjoyed it as well - they were out sunning even though it was chilly. Poor babies spend most of their time inside the greenhouse due to cold and wet - they love being outside.
Daylight is lasting a little bit longer in the evenings!!!! Mornings are still dark till almost 8AM. Baby steps!
I have spent the first week of this new year pretty quietly. I have rested and read and watched and learned. Nothing much in the way of projects. I plan to get myself in gear this next week and get back to being productive.
- Started a new daily/weekly journal (small notebook) for the year. Last one lasted exactly 2 years with just a couple pages left!!!
- Met with my finance guy and made a few changes to protect myself better and also to hopefully protect my heirs (if I don't spend it first!!!)
- Put away my little tree finally. I have a couple 'winter' decorations out - but Christmas is down and put away.
- Made a new bottle of FeBreeze - 1/3 liquid fabric softener and 2/3 water. Haven't made in ages - and don't use often. It is for when Coogy makes "stinky"!
- Put together another bottle of shampoo (watered down)
- Used the soda stream for carbonated water to which I added fruit juice
- Used all leftovers in some new way
- Stayed home all week and ZERO spending
- Going over the craft area again and re-straightening since holidays are over. It became the dumping ground - I need to get back into sewing.
- Just doing all the usual everyday stuff - nothing exciting
- Chopped and froze a bunch of celery that needed to be used
- Cleaned the bottom end on celery bunch (any ick and scraped natural seal off the bottom and have it in water to grow my own!
Meals this past week:
Shredded cabbage and carrots with leftover ham & soy sauce over rice
Homemade pizza - 2X
Tostadas (scraped off topping from pizza left and added to taco meat - birds got crust treat!)
Loaded baked potato - used leftover taco stuff, sour cream and cheese & side salad
Smoked sausage links with kraut (in frig) & fried hominy/peppers/onion
Simple meals - but filling & tasty to me!
How was your week? Did you get any deals or did you stay to zero spending as well? Working on any new crafts? What is going on in your frugal world?
I pray that each of you are well, healthy and safe. May your week ahead be enjoyable and bountiful.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the Lord your God who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.