Good morning to all. My goodness, here we are on the last day of January. I know so many people are talking about how slow this month has gone - but to me it went pretty fast. I mean it is over already!
We are ending the month pretty messy in our parts.
We got about 4" of snow last night and then in the early morning hours it started to rain! We a slushy nasty mess. The grass is still white - but the pavements were a mess.
My 6:15 this morning I had my babies all fed and all the walks, paths and drive cleared. What a heavy job that was! No way could a snow blower be used - and luckily I just pushed most of the slush off - not a lot of lifting.
I have been doing this for years - so kind of have it down to a science.
It is still rainy and then it will cool more today and maybe and inch or two more snow tonight. After tomorrow it is supposed to warm up some.
It has really been a quiet week for me. Just couldn't get myself motivated to do a lot other than normal stuff.
- Been craving oranges and orange juice - it always happens this time of the year. I made OJ from concentrate I had in freezer
- Still using the ice melt that I purchased last winter - hopefully it will get me through the balance of this year
- A friend sent me $10 worth of coupons for cat food! YAY
- I have been watching a young couple who lives in Russia on You Tube. They talk about their life there. It has been really interesting
- Making my meals from scratch and from what I have on hand
- Just doing all the regular cleaning & stuff around here
- Finally got out one day and went to the store. Purchased more pet food for stock. I also got milk, bread and 8 lb. oranges and lots more OJ concentrate for freezer. Got salad stuff as well. Should be good for a few weeks
- Made a batch of pancakes and froze extra in individual meal packets
- I did find boxed mac and white cheddar cheese on clearance for .39 each. I bought all they had and on Tuesday I will run them to the food pantry (only open on Tues. and Thurs.)
Meals this past week:
Cheesy tuna mac and green beans
Baked jalapeno, beef and cheese dip with crackers
Leftover dip with roast beef & veggies on roll-ups
Pancakes and bacon
Pizza pasta skillet and garlic bread
Leftover pasta and salad
Fish, fries and slaw
Snacks - oranges, cinnamon/sugar toast, trail mix
Pretty darn quiet. Watching birds and squirrels play and watching You Tube has helped. I have been reading as well. Heck, I even took a couple naps this week as my nighttime sleep has been sketchy.
What has everyone been up to?
Are you staying frugal? Get any great deals? What are you crafting?
I hope you are all safe and well. Praying you have a good week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
The Lord is my strength and shield; in Him my heart trusts; so I am helped, and my heart exults and with my song I give thanks to Him.