Good morning to all. Hope you are all well and safe.
It has become quite a blustery morning here. Snow has just started and it is pretty chilly. Nothing much will probably come of the snow - as it will just be off and on this morning. We have a chance of some sort of moisture most days this week. Just a fact of winter.
We actually went from the warmest temperature to the coldest temperature of 2021 in about 36 hours!!!! It got down to 14*F yesterday morning. Brrrrr. The day before it was right about 50*.
I have to admit - we did have sunshine for about 4 1/2 days this week!!!!!!! That is HUGE!
One day I swear there was a squirrel apocalypse going on in the back yard! My gosh they were every where. On all the tree limbs up in the trees, on the feeders, all over the yard, the handrails, the neighbors yard - every place you looked. It was really something to see. (I need to get a movie camera).
Wednesday there were at least a dozen sets of cardinals both at dawn and at sunset. It was beautiful! I have even noticed one of the woodpeckers hanging out at the front porch feeder! I have such an assortment of birds - I just love it.
- Got to have my sibling Christmas last Sunday! It was so nice having a relaxing afternoon together - good food and good fellowship. I got so many wonderful things. I received 10 jars of home canned goods, homemade fudge (oh my it is good), kitchen towels, a GC for Kroger, soup mixes and even cash! The best part was just being together!
- Ran out of bread - so made a loaf of beer bread. I had an old clearance mix and some old beer in frig. I have really been enjoying it toasted. (NO beer taste at all)
- Patched the knees of a pair of jeans to use for putzing around the house and yard
- Aired the house on Thursday when the temps got to around 50*
- Sorted my kitchen towels and put all my new ones in the drawer. Older ones will be used for cleaning - now in a basket out of sight
- Fixed a couple slats on my bedroom mini blinds. Coogy constantly pushes them aside to look out (I keep that one closed) and a couple slats bent/broke. Used clear packing tape and it is good as new - can't even tell.
- Did a walk about the area on the nicest day and picked up trash that had blown around the neighborhood. Good exercise and fresh air
- Started cleaning out some other drawers - UGH so much stuff!!!!!!
- Laundry, cleaning, cooking from scratch - just all the normal stuff
- NO groceries bought this week. I stayed home all week.
- Made a gallon of Kool-Aid for something flavorful to drink
- Saving citrus peels to make a batch of citrus cleaner
Meals this past week:
Meal at sister's house
Lasagna, salad and pie sis sent home with me!
Small pot of beans and rice with ground beef & salad
Enchiladas made with leftover beans and rice and used my home canned enchilada sauce
Leftover enchilada, scrambled eggs & toast
Veggie soup (from freezer) and a grilled turkey/cheese sandwich
Poor man's Swiss steak and mashed potatoes - (ground beef patty and veg soup thickened)
I have been eating a lot of citrus I got before Christmas - I have been craving citrus. I get that way this time of the year every year. Fudge got put in frig and I am trying to not eat it quickly!!!! It is so rich and sweet.
How was your week? Did you get any good deals? Did you stay home and use what you have? Crafting? I love hearing what everyone has going on.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours!
Keeping you all in my prayers.
Keep your life free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for He has said "I will never fail you nor forsake you.
WOW - just realized today would have been my 35th anniversary to my sweetie. It was really cold and snowy that day as well.