Happy Sunday to all. My goodness we are over half way through this month already. Crazy!
Hope you all had a good week.
I actually got to experience sunshine for a few days this week!!!! It was wonderful, yet somewhat odd. It has just been so cloudy for so long. We had a few really nice days in the 40's along with the sun. Woke to a covering of snow on Saturday, but most was gone at the end of the day. It is flurrying again this morning. Looks like it will be pretty normal and in the 30's all week.
My neighbor has a light on the alley side of his garage - and every morning when I go out to feed the cats, I see a big old rabbit out by his gate. It sure appears to be big! I love that there is so much nature here in the burbs.
The birds and the squirrels have sure been hungry!
Thursday morning I saw something that had me a bit unnerved. I live in the flight path of the airport and I am very used to the sights and sounds. That morning in the dark of morn - I walked out and saw military jets flying in an unusual flight pattern out of city and at a super high rates of speed! That was weird for sure - I just felt I wasn't supposed to see that. Things that make you say "hmmmmm".
- Caught up laundry for first time this year - LOL! Hung most of it in the basement for extra humidity. Did dry heavier items. Have it vented (covered to catch lint/dust) into the basement for extra heat. There are no heat vents down there
- I did feel the call to stock a bit. I stocked up on pet products and OTC drugs/vitamins. I got myself milk and a huge bag of oranges. Oh, I got myself a new hand mixer!!!! Mine finally gave it up over the holidays after 33 years of use!
- Went outside on one of the nice days a picked up a gazillion sticks that had fallen, as well as odd pieces of blowing debris
- Cleaned out the watering holes and bird bath while it was nice
- Made a pot of potato soup and froze 2 containers for future meals
- Made a batch of 'special' cookies for my brother and sister - we finally get to have our "Christmas" today!!!!!
- Paid all bills for the rest of the month and ran up to PO to drop off, since mail delivery will be short a day this week
- Started a 'tax folder' as info is starting to come in
- Did a root touch-up on my hair
- I actually ordered myself a magazine subscription! Haven't ordered magazines in ages. Ordered Country Woman for 2 years for a grand total of $15!!!!
- Using what I have, meals at home, just doing all the normal everyday stuff
Meals this past week:
Big juicy loaded burger and a side salad
Loaded Potato soup - 2X
Club sandwich and chips
Ham/rice/asparagus topped with cheese
Smoked sausage sandwiches (used slider buns from frig) topped with lettuce and sliced radish
How was your week? Are you stocking? Are you doing a no spend month? Crafting? Look forward to hearing from you.
I hope you are all well and safe and stay that way during this coming week. Prayers for peace and comfort for all. Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be in dread of them: for it is the Lord your God who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.
I know I used this last week as well - it is in my heart.
Good words for our current times