Good morning to all! Hope you are safe and healthy.
It is oh so cold here. 3*F right at this moment - but the sun is peeking out!!!! YAY, that makes such a difference. The last time we got above freezing was on Feb. 5 and no chance until next weekend. It looks like most of the week will be around 20*F for a high. We have snow coming in tonight and for the next couple days. Woop!!!! (not). I know there are many people who love snow - it is pretty to look at - but I just can't get into it any more.
Outdoor kitties are warm and cozy in their heated beds! Blackie has been AWOL a lot lately - it is 'heat' season for females. He will NOT be adding to the problem - but I guess he is still a male and those pheromones still garner his attention!!!!! SMH. He may be gone for a couple days at a time and worrying his 'momma'. Well, he has figured out his warm bed and guaranteed meals are better than roaming around in this cold. Thank goodness.
Coogy is 10+ years old and has just figured out his tail is something to play with!!!! He has had so much fun chasing it this week. What a character.
They sure keep me on my toes!
Squirrels and birds are eating and eating! Three varieties of woodpeckers were seen all at once again this week.
- I have a winter candle scent I love and I had one candle burned down as far as it would go. So I chipped out leftover wax and have been using it in my melt warmers. Still smells wonderful.
- I have moved snow almost every day this week (probably 5 times). Free exercise
- Been using up all the leftovers in new ways
- The arm on my glasses broke this week. I have it repaired for now - until I can get in and get another 'spare' pair
- Made a bowl of s/f pudding to snack on
- I felt I should warm the Blazer engine (as it had been sitting a week in the cold). Well if warming up - might as well drive a bit!!! I ran to the feed store and used coupons, got in store discounts and used an in store credit I have earned over the past many months and got $86 worth of product - peanuts (squirrels), 2 kinds of bird seed and cat food - for $0!!!!!!!!
- I made a batch of squirrel 'cookies'/treats with older products from the pantry and freezer
- NO groceries purchased again
- Been using my pantry and freezers pretty much exclusively for the past many weeks - and really don't see any difference in them! Maybe a little more space in freezer, but still full.
- Dusted off the crockpot and made a small pork loin with potatoes and carrots. The pork will be used in several meals in different ways
- Just doing all the normal stuff.
Meals this past week:
Homemade beans and rice w/ham pieces and cornbread
Potato soup (freezer) and tuna salad sandwich
Burritos (with leftover beans and rice)
Mexican spaghetti and garlic toast
Leftover spaghetti and a chopped beef burger w/cheese
Pork roast - carrots and potatoes
Had oranges, pudding and cereal for snacks
What has everyone been up to? Are you staying warm? Any deals or bargains? What kinds of crafts are you working on? Have you added to your pantries?
I hope you all stay well and healthy and warm this week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved.