Well, here we are at the end of another month. Goodness.
It is 50* this morning and raining. What a difference a couple weeks makes!!!! The piles of snow are now gone from my yard - it really is hard to believe.
It looks as if March will come in like a lamb - sunny and 40's. Weather should be more normal this week for this time of the year. YAY.
Now we just get through muddy season!
Birds and squirrels are not eating as much this week. Guess they like the warm weather as well. It seems to be mating season!! Kitties are loving the warmer days and sunshine.
- I refilled all the feed bins with supplies on hand
- Swept out the greenhouse, swept the front porch (a couple times), shook out door throw rugs. mopped kitchen
- Got to air out the house on 3 days this week (above 50*)
- Made new weather strip flaps on the greenhouse door. The others were brittle and broke after so many years of weather. I used Gorilla tape and made very sturdy strips myself - worked great
- I ate my LAST garden tomato!!! Yep - had one left from picking green in fall.
- I had cabin fever and got out one day. I ran to Fresh Thyme and got my supplements I wanted and got a few fresh veggies
- Made a stop at Kroger as well just to look and got a couple good deals. That was all I got
- I then stopped at Big Lots to look for some flat cushions for a couple lawn chairs - they had nothing I could use. Found chips on clearance!!!
- Just doing all the normal stuff - vacuuming, laundry, dusting, cooking from scratch, watching You Tube videos, etc.
- Found a partial jar of home canned kraut in the frig. Don't know how that happened!! Usually if some is left I eat it straight from the jar within a day or two!! LOL I used it up
- Washed out a few baggies and a juice bottle to reuse
- Found a bag of faux crab in freezer that I used this week for 2 different meals
Meals this past week:
Veggie soup (from freezer) and garlic toast
Faux crab salad sandwich and pickles
Crab/mac/pea/cheese casserole - think upscale tuna mac! It was tasty
Mushroom/Swiss burger and salad
Soft fish tacos and corn chips
Tuna patty and salad
Smoked sausage with kraut and mashed potatoes
Just using what I have and trying to get a little creative with it. I have enjoyed the warmer temps and some sunshine this week. Got to actually 'fence' chat with a neighbor a couple times.
How was your week? What has everyone been up to?
Blessings from my humble home to yours.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
Dear Lord, may we continue to bless each other with ideas and love to help each and every one we come in contact with. Help us to lift one another up with joy! Amen