Happy Sunday all! Well let me tell you - WINTER has officially arrived in my area!!! Oh baby it is cold outside. I woke to 4*F and now it is 1*. Going to a whopping high of 17*!! Also had a layer of snow on the ground - not much and it was fluffy - so I swept it. BUT the sun is shining!!!!!!! YAY
I have already been outside twice. Fed the kitties (they didn't even come greet me at the door this morning - smart babies). Swept and cleaned the walks, paths and driveway. Fed the birds and squirrels.
Next week is supposed to be pretty darn chilly as well. No day is predicted to get above the freezing mark! Snow off and on - although nothing bad. As long as the sun comes out - it makes the day feel so much warmer. Yesterday was cold - but sunny - and the cats wanted to be outside a lot.
Blackie was doing his walk about the neighborhood, making sure all was well. Momma was getting her vitamin D and sunshine - laying in the sun. Fluffy was bird watching! She watches the little birds and I can almost hear her thinking "I was to hug it and kiss it and love it and name it George"!!! LOL (hope someone gets that throw-back). LOL
Nothing exciting this week - just a lot of little things.
- Scoured the stove from top to bottom
- Cut my hair and did a quick color again. I was going to let it grow - and those darn "wings" get me frustrated every time. Then I cut off the color - sooooo.
- Funny thing - I took the trash out for pick-up this week. It has been 3 weeks since doing that. I just don't make much trash - mainly cat litter!
- I ran to the bank and took care of some business and then did a drop at the food pantry on the way home.
- Took out extra blankies to the greenhouse for the kitties. Put them on the heated area of their bed - They have each found their spot and cozy into it. They stay pretty comfy in there.
- My TV in the LR was getting funky (dull picture). I wasn't sure if it was going out or if it was my eyes getting worse. Both TV's were bought at the same time and bedroom one is fine (plus I see it great). Well I figured I would play with adjustments and BOOM - it looks so bright and clear now!
- I had a can of biscuits that needed to be used. I made some pigs in blankets and made balance as biscuits. Used for 3 meals.
- Canceled Netflix this week. Not a huge savings - but a savings none the less. I don't really watch - I just had a hard time cancelling because it was something Glen enjoyed. Crazy I know. But it is gone now!
- I got out a pack of hotdogs and cooked them all. Used in 2 meals and froze the others to re-heat for a quick meal
- I wanted cornbread - but something different. I added chopped jalapenos to a Jiffy mix and made cornbread "waffles". Yep I made it on the waffle iron. Now I have cornbread I can stick in the toaster and reheat for other meals! It was good!!!!!!
- No shopping - stayed away from stores
- Did a bunch of laundry and hung most in the basement. Adds humidity to air and keeps my clothes from shrinking. I did fluff later for a few minutes and used dryer for heavy items - kept the basement warm
- Have had another craving on top of the OJ and oranges this week! I have been wanting tomato juice! Luckily I have a good supply in the shelf, as my brother keeps me well stocked with his homemade and canned juice. I add a bit of dill pickle juice and oh my yum.
- Filled up the feed bins with supplies I had on hand - so as to have things ready and full for the cold weather.
- Using what I have on hand, cooking from scratch and just doing all the normal stuff
Meals this past week:
Chili cheese dogs and chips (actually topping was sloppy Joe from freezer and chips from holidays)
Leftover taco stuff over cornbread waffle
Veggie soup (freezer) and pigs in blanket
Burger biscuit bombs and baked beans (small (indiv. size) clearance can all jazzed up)
Sausage gravy over biscuits and scrambled egg
Homemade loaded pizza
How was your week? Any good deals this week? What are you working on?
How is your weather? I know many are in cold regions and some got tons of snow - but there are others living where it is summer (call me green w/envy)!
I hope you are all well and safe and warm. Prayers are said for each of you daily.
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home to yours.
Teach me to do thy will, for thou art my God! Let thy good spirit lead me on a level path.
Psalms 143 :10