Good morning to all! Happy Sunday!!!!!
What a week we had last week - it sure seems to have been a mess for most of the U.S.. Glad that week is in the history books now!
I woke this morning to the first day in over two weeks to the temperature being in the 20's - not the teens or single digits!!!! We hit 33* yesterday and the sun was shining brightly.
A beautiful sunrise this morning was enjoyed as well. We will be getting RAIN tonight. Yes rain (maybe some flurries and sleet first). This next week will actually have NORMAL temperatures for this time of the year! (40's). I well imagine it will be a muddy and sloppy mess with all the melting snow and ice - but hey, we have to pick our battles and sloppy is OK!
I have mounds of snow that are chest high out front - that will be a lot of melting!
Birds and squirrels have sure ate a lot during these cold and snowy days.
I know the kitties will be glad when much of this snow is gone and they can go where they want without walking through all that icky snow!!! LOL
This week didn't have any major events of the to do part - except moving lots and lots of snow! Just a lot of little things.
OH, after spending hours and hours - I have the computer fixed! I am proud of myself, as I am not at all computer savvy. I got it though!
- Lots and lots of FREE exercise!!!! Can't tell you how many times I shoveled snow
- I recorded a bunch of older shows before the blizzard - figuring I would lose the DISH cable. But it blew so much, that it didn't accumulate on the dish this time.
- Figured out my Blogger problem!!!! I guess they count all info in your files including your email. I opened a g-mail account strictly to set up Blog and have never used for anything else. Haven't looked at it in eons (you have no idea). Tons of emails - it seems when many people post to Blog it also shows up in email (I had no idea). I cleaned out email and now have lots of room!!!
- Made a butter cake - had a mix and some eggs that really needed to be used up. YUM
- Made up a new jug of OJ from concentrate
- Put together a new bottle of shampoo and one of dish soap (with water and vinegar)
- Shopped my pantry and freezer for meals and snacks
- Used all leftovers
- Did NOT leave the property at all
- Propped door of oven when used to add extra heat into the house
- Wore layers all week. Today is the first day for over a week of not wearing long john's (leggings) under jeans
- Did basics - dusting, vacuum, laundry (lots), cooking from home, just all the normal stuff
- Changed out ALL the bedding this week - put out a different comforter for a change in view!
- Made a list for Fresh Thyme. I haven't been in ages and need to go and stock up on my herbs and vitamins. Inventoried all my medicinal items
- I have a sedum plant that I have babied for almost 2 years now, that is blooming indoors! Nice to see something coming to life in these snowy white days
Meals this past week:
BBQ pulled pork sandwich and fries
Pork and veggie lo-mein
Patty melt and mac n cheese
Chicken and mushroom open face sandwich topped with cheese, fried hominy/peppers
Dinty Moore stew and cornbread
Tot-chos (Nacho like meal - toppings over tator tot rounds instead of chips)
Mex rice bowl topped with sour cream, cheese and corn chips
Had cake, oranges, juice and cheese crackers for snacks
How was your week? I am sure many had to deal with the snow, ice and cold. Hope you have all faired well. Frances - I hope you are doing OK after your fall!!! HUGS
Did you use your pantry and freezers instead of shopping this week? Any deals or bargains?
I pray you are all well and safe. Hoping you are doing well and hoping better weather is coming to your area. Stay safe in this coming week my friends.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His steadfast love endures for ever!
Psalms 118: 1
Out of my distress I called on the Lord: and the answered me and set me free. With the Lord on my side I do not fear.