Good morning to all my friends! Hope you are each well and safe.
It has been a lovely week here. Warmer temps all week and we had rain - lots of rain! It is still raining. The grass is so brilliant green and the trees are greening - it is very pretty! This coming week is supposed to be more 'normal' for this time of the year. 50's and low 60's for highs and nights in the 40's. Spring is here - just not the permanent heat of summer! That is OK, I do enjoy the different seasons.
- Picked a bouquet of tulips
- Cut my hair (it so needed it) and did a root touch-up
- Moving a few things around in the yard (yard art). Cleaned out the front flower bed - oh it it so full of ivy and Vinca vine it's crazy. None of it was planted by me - and most of it is a pain! I removed a huge trash barrel full of stuff. (can we say sore???!!!!!!)
- Mowed the yard 2X - yes I did. The rain is sure making things grow like crazy
- No heat or AC at all this week. Windows open and fresh air every day. I even slept with the window open a bit at night and ceiling fan on!
- I got the rain barrels out of garage and pretty much set up (spout isn't open yet)
- Changed out my handbag to a spring looking one
- Making a list of items I need to get at Menard's. Lots of little things. Also making a list of things that I need to accomplish outside this spring - work is never done
- I did go out to the grocery this week. Got fresh veggies and some fruit and milk and juice concentrate. I did get a couple bargains. 4 large cans of salmon for 2.19 each, and 2 bags of specialty chips for .79 each.
- Made up a jug of orange juice
- Doing all the normal things - eating from home, using what I have, normal cleaning and laundry, seldom turn on a light, using up leftovers