Happy Sunday to all. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there (American Father's Day). This evening summer becomes official in the northern hemisphere. To think all this hotness has been spring!! LOL
Lightening bugs (fireflies) and hummingbirds are visiting a lot. I love seeing lightening bugs!
We had about 4 really nice days and I got a lot done outdoors. Then heat and humidity returned. There was quite a storm front that came through on Friday night. Luckily here, I only had rain and some downed branches. We got almost 3" of rain over night. Some areas got up to 7"! There was a lot of nasty stuff going on around the state - just thankful to have missed that.
Now the tulip tree leaves have started falling just in the past few days. They fall like it is fall for about a month! UGH - it sure makes a mess.
My west coast friends came in town and we got to visit on 2 different days and hopefully we get to get together again this coming week before they head out on their journey again. It was like sitting down and having conversation with friends I had sat with a million times. They came baring gifts - what a surprise. She made me a lovely afghan and other lovelies, home canned salmon and other surprises! We also went out to eat one evening. It was lovely.
- Cut a lot of mint
- Finally got 'most' of the big flowerbed weeded. Oh my - what a job.
- Mowed and trimmed - front to back
- Power washed and power washed some more!!!!! Did the back of the house and the back of garage (both face N). The garage was awful - but now both are nice and white. It had been almost 3 years since I did it the last time. Power washing is addictive - you keep finding things to clean!!!!! I did a lot - still more to do. And YES - I did it all by myself!!!!!!! My arms and back were sure tired and I have been having hand cramps all week! LOL - but worth it.
- Did a couple small repair projects outdoors
- Had to wash windows after power washing
- I went to the feed store and got some bird seed and squirrel corn. I also got a new watering can - which has been needed for a while
- I started a butt end of Romain lettuce in water - it has grown and starting to get roots
- Ran to Kroger for salad supplies. I broke my rule and bought a watermelon already (seedless, nice size - 2.99). I lucked out - it is sweet and tasty
- I fried up a bunch of chicken pieces. I kept out enough for a couple of meals and the rest went into the freezer for homemade 'heat ad eat' chicken!
- Basics - cleaning, making tea, doing laundry - even fresh air some mornings
Meals this past week:
Corn on cob, grilled zucchini and fresh veggies
Cheese and crackers and fresh fruit (busy day)
Ham sandwich and bowl of soup beans (from freezer)
Double cheese burger (homemade) and chips
Cheese and tomato quesadilla
Mexican food and margarita (evening out)
Fried chicken and mixed fresh veggies with dressing
How was your week? Did you get any projects done? Any deals? What is happening in your area?
My garden has a grown a lot in the past few weeks - just starting to get some buds for things! How are your gardens doing?
I hope you all have a lovely, safe and healthy week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together!