I used to hardly ever use my blender, except to maybe make a milkshake. That is about all I can remember Mom using one for too. Then I had a food chopper, my stick blender and a blender. They all had a set purpose for me. THEN I was gifted a Ninja - and my world changed. I love it and use it so often (every day actually),
A blender with a pulse button can be used for so many things. You can blend, chop and grind!
- Smoothies, malts, shakes
- Great for making refried beans - they smoosh up in a moment
- Make pancake, waffle or muffin batter in a moment
- Hummus - is so easy to make - chickpeas and whatever seasoning you choose
- Sauces of all types, dressings
- After dehydrating greens, peels,, etc. - blend into powders to use in cooking
- Dry herbs can become powder in a moment - great for making spice blends
- Homemade mayo in a snap
- Faux ice cream - using frozen fruit and dab of milk (only)
- You can even blend cream to make butter
- Turn sugar into powdered sugar
- On pulse you can chop veggies needed for making relish to correct consistency
- I chop tomatoes, onions, etc. for salsa
- I can make the best bread/cracker crumbs - as coarse or fine as you choose
- Peanut or other nut butters
- Apple or fruit sauce - in a snap
- Great to turn rolled oats into flour
- Making up dry mixes (biscuit, pancake, etc.) - do a quick pulse to mix all ingredients thoroughly
There are such a multitude of uses. I love my TOY and it sure makes things easier in my life. One tool and many, many uses.
If you don't use your blender for many different things - YOU are MISSING OUT!!!!!
What do you use your blender for? Do you have any tips or tricks we all need to know?
I need new ideas!!!!!!!