Happy Sunday to all. Well, here we are again at the end of another month - we are now half way through this year. Times sure does fly by quickly. It will be Christmas before you know it!
My friends from the west coast got to come for one more visit before heading on their journey. It was so nice. Bless their hearts, they brought all the goodies to make a spaghetti dinner, green beans, Texas toast and dessert to the house. I threw together a salad. We just sat and visited here in the comfort of the house and ate and talked. They got a "tour" of the yard! LOL
It sure was nice to have this opportunity to get together again. I hope it happens again someday! I miss you guys already!!!!!
We had some nice temperatures for a few days then it decided to get all hot and juicy again!! My, the air is thick. We have had rain off and on. Some northern areas of the state had tornadoes this week. At least with clouds and windy conditions it has been bearable here.
My plants are really growing. I have lots of blooms, baby zucchini and cukes and peppers - it is starting!!!!!
- Mowed and trimmed a little
- Raked leaves 2X - yep - that darned old tulip tree! At least we had so much wind yesterday that the latest bunch of leaves are all kind of blown together in one spot!!
- Stayed away from the grocery and all other stores (been home all week)
- Been doing some de-cluttering again. I have 2 boxes ready to go. I will continue to work on this for a bigger donation
- Using up all leftovers in new ways (had a lot of spaghetti left - used in 2 meals and froze balance)
- Used rain barrels when I needed to water
- Laundry - used portable dehumidifier water in a load
- Worked on getting the tomatoes contained in cages and tied (they have grown tremendously this week)
- Got to air house for about 3 days - no AC
- Drinking tea, water and fruit flavored Soda Stream water
- Working on rearranging and cleaning the over stock area of pantry. (I have a lot more canned meat than I thought!) It is coming along. More work to do - that whole room needs a make-over!!
- Just doing all the normal stuff we all do
- Watched a few You Tube videos this week for diversion! LOL
Meals this week:
Fried chicken (leftover) and salad
Spaghetti, green beans, toast, salad and dessert (with friends)
Leftover spaghetti (with cheese) and salad and toast
Smoked sausage on hotdog buns and green beans
Chicken/veggie stir fry with spaghetti noodles (kind of like Lo-mein)
Dirty rice with meat and beans added and side of fresh veggies
Finished up watermelon I bought last week - IT WAS GREAT!! (I got lucky)
How was your week? Any deals or values? How are those gardens coming along?
Are you managing to stay cool? Some areas are really getting extreme heat. I feel so sorry for them. Keep yourselves hydrated, eat popsicles, frozen grapes, ice chips and cool meals.
If you are in those extreme heat areas - please take a moment to check on elderly or handicapped neighbors.
I hope you have a safe and healthy week. Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours. God bless and comfort you.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.