Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Holiday Blessings

 Good morning to all.  Tomorrow is the big turkey day here in the U.S..  I am sure many of you are already working on your meals, especially if you have many people coming.
My plans changed.  I was going to my nieces for dinner (bro's daughter) - but they (her immed. family) have been 'exposed' and it appears maybe her husband has IT!  So, we are all going to stay away and stay safe.
I am making a turkey here.  I had plans to do that anyway - I like leftover turkey!  A cold turkey sandwich the day after is always a favorite thing to look forward to!!  
This happens to be the time of the year that you can eat for a good week for next to nothing!  Cheap turkeys and leftovers lead to many different meal options for pennies!!  

Any way I do believe that either Thursday or Friday my neighbor/friend may come over for lunch.  When depends on whether his eldest bothers to invite him for dinner. :(
No problem for me - I am comfortable staying home and it is supposed to rain a lot tomorrow and then get cold again on Friday.  I can be thankful here as well as elsewhere.  I will be in my cozy home and tending my kitties and I will be watching a movie or two - and who knows what else!!

We hear so much bad going on in this world and it truly saddens the heart and soul.  Please remember that no matter what - we have been blessed.  Even if you only have a loaf of bread or a can of soup - be thankful.  God has given you another day - be thankful.

I hope you spend the day with loved ones, friends, neighbors or serving those who have no one or nothing.  We can all tend to others in some way.  
Maybe watch the parade, or football, or a holiday movie - spend time contemplating and praying - spend a day out of doors enjoying the nature God has blessed us with - decorate - just do something that brings joy to your heart and to others.

I will see you all Friday.  Praying you all have a blessed Thanksgiving and Thursday.

                                  HAPPY THANSGIVING AND BLESSINGS TO ALL


28 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving Blessings to you. Enjoy the peace and quiet of home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Cheryl. Our sons will be here for a modest feast and family time. It's good to be grateful for all of our blessings and wherever Thanksgiving is enjoyed, a little reminder... get those stretchy buffet pants out today! :-) --Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - yep those comfy pants and long sweaters!
      Have a wonderful family time and enjoy every moment.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Cheryl! I am thankful for you...you are indeed a blessing in my life!! God has been so generous to me and my cup runndtg over!!!
    I pray that your niece, husband and all their family will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I hoping they are all OK as well. Hate to see anyone sick.
      Thank you for your sweet words. God is good!!!!
      Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope everyone will be able to stay healthy at your niece's. It will just be Hubs, myself and the cats. Lots of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope they do well.
      Enjoy your quiet and solitude and enjoy those kitties!!
      YAY on leftovers!!!!!!
      Happy Thanksgiving

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, Cheryl! .. and thank you for the reminder that I have all I need for a good life! As a Canadian, our Thankgiving turkey has already been eaten and what a lovely turkey that was! We have been looking for our Christmas turkey but there are none in our stores presently. Hopefully, after repairs to flood damage to roads between us and Vancouver, our stores will be stocked again. If not .. I have drumsticks enough in the freezer for the family to enjoy a different kind of Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes we have all we need. We can find many substitutes for whatever we may want. I hope you get your connections to the rest of the world soon.
      Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Cheryl. It’s better to stay away and be safe for the time being. And you’re right, we have so much to be thankful for today, tomorrow and always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes being smart is the decision of the week!
      We have so many blessings that we don't even think about. We are just so fortunate. Blessings

      Delete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving, Cheryl. I envy you having a whole turkey to yourself ( and a little to share). It was better to learn about the covid exposure before than after. Good choice. If we stay safe, there will be other years to celebrate together. Thanks for all the effort you put into keeping your blog informative, uplifting and real. Best regards....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It isn't a big turkey - but yum! Yes, we always have Christmas or New Years to get together - so not worried.
      Thank you for your sweet words and thoughts.
      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving CHeryl and thanks for your care and compassion. I am grateful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. You have been on my mind all day. Praying for you and your family and sending hugs and love.
      God bless.

      Delete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Share some turkey with your kitties.
    I love your blog and you have the nicest
    People visiting your site.
    Always positive ,kind comments on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. This is a great group of people for sure. I love you all.
      Funny, my kitties do not like turkey. BUT I do!!!!!!
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving, Cheryl! Hope your family is well. When in doubt, best to stay home. The weather will be rainy so it will be cozy in your home with good cooking smells!

    Your kitties will certainly love turkey scraps. I plan on making the boys' food with some scraps and even some leftover gravy and green beans.

    I certainly am grateful that I found your blog. You always have good tips, great encouragement and humor. I also enjoy the community of readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, the house will be cozy and safe today - such an icky rainy day.
      As I told Savannah, the cats do not like turkey for some reason. Chicken yes, no on turkey.
      Glad you found this place as well. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving Cheryl from the UK. Glad you are keeping cosy despite the rain. Best wishes too to your American readers. Hope your niece and family keep well. So many plans disrupted over the past couple of years by 'it'. But like Pollyanna, always something to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It is a dreary day - but I have my home and kitties and I am warm and cozy.
      INDEED - ALWAYS something to be thankful for.
      Have a good day!

      Delete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving Cheryl! I suspect every day is Thanksgiving for you - your gratitude for the life you lead is in every post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you. I have bad days - but try to be grateful each day. Thanks!!! Have a good day.

      Delete