Happy Sunday to all. Last weekend of November - wow - time is flying.
We have had rain and cold and wind part of week. This coming week is supposed to stay in the 40's and up. I can handle that!!!
The past few nights we have had the most incredible sunsets. The brightest pinks and oranges - just beautiful. There are no Christmas lights that can come close to matching God's lights!
I found out yesterday that my sister (who's 90) is in the hospital. She fell going out to her garage (while going out to take leftovers to a neighbor) and fell on her left shoulder. She broke/fractured her shoulder. No surgery to be done, can't cast - so she is being braced and having to do LOTS of therapy. That may be ongoing for a bit. Doubtful she goes home for a little bit. She is such a little bitty gal (5') and she is most definitely "her" Mom. LOL! Just like Momma she is the most stubborn thing! I sure hope she mends quickly.
- Did a lot of cleaning - vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc.
- Did my little bit of Christmas decorating
- Early in week - more raking of leaves
- First half of week, I made easy and simple meals leading up to turkey day!
- Did a little sewing
- I made tea this week. It has been a while. Tea gets boring to me - so I changed up flavors each day by adding different flavorings to each glass (orange, lemon, strawberry)
- My neighbor who came for Tday dinner brought several sampler pieces of cheesecake he purchased. I made a cherry cheesecake - so have had plenty. He got half of cherry to take home. My balance is going in freezer today - I love frozen cheesecake
- I put the turkey carcass in the freezer to make stock later
- I have been getting lots of premium channels on cable this week and weekend. Not sure how long it will last - but recording some movies for later
- I did a knock off of my favorite restaurant dinner - using turkey instead of chicken. Alice Springs Chicken from Outback. I sauteed mushrooms and onion in gravy/butter. Heated turkey and topped with Swiss cheese then added mushrooms. Oh my goodness, I think it was the best bite that I have ever made (seriously good). Had it with fries - as I always got fries at Outback as well.
- Paid everything I had here for the month
- Stayed home all week - never leaving the property
Meals this past week:
Burrito made with leftovers and topped with slaw mix
Dinty Moore beef stew (had it in pantry)
Waffles from freezer
Pizza slices from freezer
Thanksgiving - turkey, baked mac n cheese, biscuits, gravy, green beans & dessert (small dinner)
'Alice Springs' turkey & fries
SNACKS - cereal, small salad, bologna & crackers, cheesecake, turkey biscuits
How did your week go? Did you get to have or be with others for Thanksgiving? Still eating leftovers? Did you do any shopping this week? Deals? Inquiring minds need to know!!!! LOL
I always look forward to hearing from each of you.
Stay safe, stay warm, stay healthy.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask. Pray then like this:
Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven .......
Matthew 6: 8-10