Thursday, November 18, 2021

Who Got Chocolate in my Peanut Butter?

 Remember the commercials?  Who got chocolate in my peanut butter?  Who got peanut butter on my chocolate?  LOL  Well it does seem to be a tasty treat that many like.
Candy bars can be very expensive.  If you pay the same price as the old days  - you get a smaller candy.  Just like most things.

A neighbor brought me a package of cookies back from the grocery.  Thought I may like them.
YES PLEASE!!!!!  There are 18 cookies in this package and I was told they cost 1.38.  Now 2 or 3 of these would probably be a good replacement for a regular Reese's Cup candy bar.  So that is like 6-9 candy bars !!! (IF you can stop at 2 or 3)  For 1.38!!!!!

These are good!!!!!  Oh yes.  I will say they are NOT quite as sickening sweet as a candy bar - but still sweet.  Quite a tasty treat.

Homemade goodies with what you have on hand can be a good substitute for a candy bar as well.  I have made Buckeye candy for years.  It really is easy - I usually have everything needed on hand - and well, there is that peanut/chocolate thing again!!  For those who don't know - a Buckeye is a type of nut that is dark brown with a tan spot on it (grows prolifically in OH).  When finished the candy balls look like the nut.
                                                                          The nut
**Just a side note:  These nuts were named so, because they look like deer's eyes!  They are edible ONLY IF shelled and roasted - otherwise they are toxic to humans.  They are used in a lot of crafts.

As easy as it is to make - making the balls and dipping them is time consuming.  I decided to skip that step and make in a pan and now I have Buckeye bites! (OK - they don't don't look the same - but the taste is there)

                                                  (click on recipe to enlarge and see better)

I was going through the freezer the other day (making room for that turkey) and I came across chips that were peanut butter/chocolate.  Hmmmm - good in cookies, or placed on a hot pan of brownies.  They melt - then I spread around and that is the icing!  My brownies are always a hit (chips are always the icing).  Put some in chocolate muffins - oh yes there are many ways to use those chips!  They will get used this holiday season for sure.

So if you like your peanut butter and your chocolate - here are a couple options!
HAPPY SNACKING!

29 comments:

  1. I just made eatmore bars with chocolate chips, syrup, peanut butter, rolled oats and chopped peanuts. They will go to the freezer but they're really not safe from me there. I've eaten so many frozen squares that I think that's how they're supposed to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those buckeyes sound like something both my adult children and my grandson would enjoy. I appreciate the idea of the bar as I'm too lazy to roll the balls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give them a try - super easy.
      Yes, bars are much easier than all the balls!

      Delete
  3. Those buckeyes sound delicious! I would not be able to manage making them in the small round portions but that bar is a perfect idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good - hope you make them. They are really delish!!!

      Delete
  4. The buckeye bars are amazing. One of our mutual friends gave me the recipe some years back. I make them every year at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good. I love them and you can't get any easier.
      My Mom used to make the balls all they time - and I did for years. Then I decided no more balls - just bars!
      I haven't decided why we only do them at the holiday!!!!

      Delete
  5. Aldi has those cookies, too! They are or used to be .89. Don't know if the price has gone up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!! I will check there next time I go. More likely I will go there instead of WM
      Can't beat the price!

      Delete
  6. Did you see the giant reeses cup on the internet. It is the size of a pie. That has had me craving, so I think I will be making those bars. Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have seen those advertised. Our news showed those the other day and said they were only making so many, and had already sold out (on orders).
      Make the bars and enjoy!!!! ALL YOU WANT!

      Delete
  7. I just don't need another chocolate recipe! However, I did write it down because it looks delicious and will make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delish! We can always use another chocolate recipe!!! LOL

      Delete
  8. I love both peanut butter and chocolate. IN FACT I think they are food groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be correct! I am quite the fan of both as well.

      Delete
  9. I remember the Buckeye candies from the years we lived in Ohio. Yum! Thank you, Cheryl, for the recipe! --Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Peanut butter is a protein and dark chocolate is a super food. They're healthy!!! :-)

      Delete
    2. There you go - it's healthy!!!!
      I have had these all my life and love them!

      Delete
  10. Love chocolate and peanut butter together! May have to try your buckeye recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make chocolate peanut buddy bars. Got the recipe in a magazine years ago. Peanut butter & chocolate: YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peanut butter cups are on my Christmas baking list. I do like you though and make them into bars.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just makes my life easier doing it that way. Sounds yummy.

      Delete
  13. Sometimes if a I have a hankering for something sweet, but nothing here, I will make a slice of toast and add jelly to it. It works for the moment.

    I like the idea of making the buckeyes in the pan. Not the same look yes, but the great taste is still there. I don’t like the work of some of the cookie type recipes like the Oreo balls. I’m going to have to try those new cookies. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently had biscuits and jelly as a treat. I like cinnamon/sugar toast as well!
      Easy ideas and so tasty.
      ENJOY

      Delete
  14. Those cookies are so good! Aldi has a version of them as well for just about as low of a price and they're fantastic! They also have a lemon shortbread I've been trying not to eat too much of lately (it's a struggle! They're SO goo!). Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to look at Aldi next time there. I bet the shortbread ones are good too.
      It's the holidays - we eat!!!!!

      Delete