Hello and happy Sunday to all. Here we are at another new week. The month is half over - good grief! This month is all going so fast.
We started the week with some lovey weather - which let me get outside and do some work. Then the rain and wind came and Brrrrrr. The wind has been crazy for now 3 days - I am over it! Woke this morning to a thin layer of WHITE stuff on the car!!!!!!! YUK!
My tulip tree is now void of leaves - it was a mess out there. Now, after the wind they have blown away from upper part of yard to the mid point! That is helpful - as it will make it easier to get them to the garden. The maple has barely started turning color.
The days seem sooooooo long since the time change. I get up an hour earlier (according to the clock) and it sure makes a difference. Nights seem to last forever as well. Dark at 6PM and not even remotely close to time for bed. UGH. I guess it did help me get a lot done this week - but the past 2 days have been so cold and yucky I have just kind vegged out in the house!!! LOL - I have felt like a slug.
- I got the balance of the garden cleared out and disposed of
- I actually got to air the house for a couple days
- Checked and serviced the whole house generator. My neighbor and I did it and all looked good. I cleaned out the spider webs.
- Drained and put away the 2nd rain barrel
- I cleaned the entire stove - like it has never been cleaned before! LOL. Yes, I clean it, but this was so thorough and it looks like a brand new stove (I worked most of the day on it)
- I had a burner that would not light - so I did a trouble shoot on it. Checked out computer info and watched You Tube. It now works and saved me an expensive service call and probably a BIG charge for something that I didn't need.
- Wanted something sweet - so I made banana pudding. I found banana & cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix in pantry (mixed together) - had cookies and banana. Tasty stuff
- Had the balance of a jug of milk that was "real close" to being off - so I froze 6 trays of cubes, made pudding and made biscuits to use it. The cubes are being used in my morning drink
- Made a small batch of homemade biscuits
- Worked on straightening and sorting the over flow pantry area. Found a few things I forgot about and will use soon. More to do - but it is looking much better
- Washed all the throw rugs and changed out 3 just to mix things up a bit
- Ran to Big Lots and got a couple of new cat beds to put in the greenhouse to help make it be more warm and comfy. I found a couple small gifts as well and items for goodie baskets
- Same day ran to Kroger (2 blocks away) - and I did buy a .49/lb. turkey (13 lb,) and managed to get it in the freezer. Had to spend $25 for that price - I got milk, cat food and some pears. Heck I can't buy lunch meat that cheap.
- Had a no meat day
- Took a large soft basket I have and started putting all the goodie basket stuff I have in it - as well as things for my mixes I will be making
- Just doing all the normal stuff - cooking from home - laundry in cold and air drying most, using Soda Stream, using leftovers, etc.
Meals this past week:
2 slices pizza from freezer and slaw
Cheesy tuna mac w/peas
Leftover mac and fish fillets
Chicken tamales over rice
Ham, egg, cheese biscuits
Stir fry veggies over rice
SNACKS: apple, nuts, banana smoothie, banana pudding, pears, biscuits and jelly
How was your week? Did you get any winter projects done? Any deals or bargains? Give us a shout out and let us know what is happening in your part of the world!
Wishing you a wonderful and blessed week in all ways. Stay safe and healthy. Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you.