Good morning my friends. Here we are just a few short days away from Thanksgiving and a few short weeks from Christmas!
I have much to do for Christmas. This girl just hasn't had any giddy up and go at all this week. Not sure if it is the weather or just me. I need to get my bum a bobbing this week and really accomplish more.
I have plans for today - but as I sit here and look out my window - well, who knows. It is raining and dark and dreary - just blah.
BUT, I need to remind myself I have been given this day as a gift from the Lord and I need to make good use of it!!
I will probably be going to my niece's home for Thanksgiving (brother's dau.). I will bake a small turkey on Friday for here and then maybe have a neighbor over sometime on the weekend for dinner. I have no real plans to go out shopping on Black Friday - what a mess it can be. I think I may go instead to the orchard, as they sent me a message about fresh grapefruit and oranges and of course they have apples and cider. Sounds tasty to me.
My quiet week:
- I finally started sewing a little bit at the very end of the week on the blankets. I just can't get myself motivated to sew!!! I have much to do and need to get busy. Wish me luck!
- I cleaned the deck around the greenhouse of leaves one morning - HA - you can't tell it now!
- I have raked leaves in the back twice this week and got them on the garden spot. So many more leaves now due to wind and rain
- I got my cards out and ready to address
- Refilled all the animal bins with feed I have on hand
- Trimmed my hair
- I got to air the house on two days early in week, as it warmed a little - the kitties sure enjoyed some decent days!
- Just doing all the normal things - using what I have, eating from home, cleaning this and that, staying out of stores and not spending, etc.
- NO grocery store this week
My meals for this past week:
Taco pasta bowl (used leftover taco meat/beans)
Chili over Spanish rice (both from freezer)
Cheeseburger and fries
Fried potatoes, scrambled eggs and smoked sausage link
Deconstructed egg roll over rice
Chili cheese dogs over fries
Different version of goulash skillet - meat, chili beans, diced potatoes, salsa & cheese
SNACKS - cookies, fruit, cinnamon/sugar toast, juice
I have had a quiet week. My main accomplishment was napping!!!! LOL. I guess I needed some extra rest as I am not really a big napper.
I sure do need to light a fire under me for the upcoming weeks. How has your week been? You keeping busy? Finding any deals or freebies?
I hope you all have a lovely week. I know many will be entertaining family and friends and have much cooking to do. Don't over do it! ENJOY your time and efforts and your families.
Stay safe and healthy. Travel mercies to all who are on the go this week.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you."