Happy Sunday all! I hope this finds you all well and safe.
Fall arrived right on time in my area. We went from 94* on Wednesday to the 60's on Thursday! We are staying in the 60's and 70's - and that is just fine with me. I love this kind of weather. It could stay like this all year long in my opinion.
I got a couple sweatshirts out this week! I even got my slippers out!
Amazingly, I saw a robin at the birdbath the other day. That is the first I have seen in about a month. They usually aren't around in the fall and winter. The gold finches are just glorious to watch. Blue jays and cardinals galore.
I went to the fall cookout at my brother's yesterday. His entire family was there, and it was so nice to see everyone. Those kiddos are growing like weeds! Just so sweet.
Adi and Remi are thriving!! Yes, they both still have many medical issues - but to see them, they are just 2 rambunctious little girls who love life. Adi has to do everything big sissy does! Layla is now one and she is taller and heavier than both Remi and Adi (3 & 2). Miles is growing quickly - he is a month now and really filling out. (He was so tiny). Aden is growing into a sweet little man (7) - he is learning so much and gives great hugs!
If you are so inclined, please say a little prayer for my brother (Dick). He goes in Tuesday to have all his remaining teeth extracted, to get ready for false teeth. Poor guy.
- AC now off - and the house has been getting aired out
- Using dehumidifier water in laundry
- Doing general cleaning and vacuuming
- Received all the free C19 tests that I ordered
- I did a lot of morning porch sits this week. It has been lovely
- Went to the library
- Got gas fill-up while out. Not even a half tank needed and I only got .10/gal. off with discount - better than none!!!
- Got out the fall scented candles and started using them
- Reeled in the back hose than ran to soaker in the garden. Garden is winding down and with rain and rain barrels - there is plenty of water
- Mowed the entire yard
- Did a lot of misc. yard work - so much to do
- Polished the kitchen cabinets
- Harvested tomatoes and okra
- Threw a quilt on the bed - for just in case. Not turning on heat for a while
- Meals from home and scratch
- No grocery shopping
As you can see, nothing much exciting here. Just enjoying the weather. Just doing all the normal stuff we all do.
Meals this past week:
Veggie fried rice
Mex. grilled cheese (used leftover burrito filling on sandwich) - YUM
Fish sandwich and potato bites
Philly beef and cheese open face sandwich (used ground beef) and leftover rice
Pork chop and fried cabbage
Cookout - hotdogs, chili
SNACKS - fruit, salad, popcorn, cheese & crackers, ice cream
There you have it - see, nothing exciting at all. How was your week? More exciting than mine?? Wouldn't take much - LOL.
Did you get any good deals? Still gardening? Crafting for the holidays?
Love hearing from you all.
I pray you all have a wonderful, safe and healthy week ahead.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a man who is perverse in speech and is a fool.
Dear Lord, we stand humbly before you and ask for your many blessings. Each day we need your guidance and love to go forth and be the kind of people we should be. Help us to speak truth and love to all we meet. We pray blessings on all Your people of this earth, and we pray for peace to reign over the earth. Amen