Today will be a little of this and a little of that. Hope you find something you can use!
- Heavy water stained porcelain sinks are easily cleaned with a nice heavy thick toilet bowl cleaner. Spread the cleaner on the sink - let it sit for about 5 minutes - and wipe away those heavy water deposits.
- Rub white chalk on ANY grease stain (rub it in well) and then launder. Grease washes out.
- We all know baking soda is good for cleaning - I love it to make chrome faucets sparkle. It works really well (I use the old stuff)
- Lids - wonderful lids. So many are inter-changeable. I save lids from parmesan cheese jars, lids from jar candles (when jar can't be cleaned well enough), and squirt bottle tops and even screw on tops from pop bottles. They all work well for new ideas.
Those candle jars lids fit perfectly on wide mouth jars, parmesan lids fit regular mason jars. Squirt lids fit individual water/pop bottles. Regular lids will screw on many squirt bottles
- Put a couple of candle melts (or candle scraps) into a small jar. Add a lid with several holes poked in it. Place in your cars cup holder and in warm/sunny weather you have a great car air freshener
- Check you medicine cabinet/medicinal storage area/health & beauty - Odds are you have more than one bottle of the same thing opened! Combine and have less clutter.
- I bet everyone's garage has a stiff old paint brush (I have a few). Place them in a bowl of vinegar for 30 minutes and they soften right up.
- If you get permanent marker on your clothes - rub hand sanitizer into the mark then launder - all gone!
Did you know?
Annie's Mac N Cheese is the same as Trader Joe's
Kirkland (Costco) Signature batteries are made by Duracell
Great Value spices are actually McCormick (packaging is all that is different)
Great Value canned veggies are Green Giant
Wal-Mart frozen dessert topping is Cool Whip
Aldi's frozen breaded chicken strips are Tyson Foods
Kroger brand American Deluxe Cheese slices are made by Kraft
Save a few dollars and buy store brands. So many times they are manufactured by the same plants as brand names - just different labeling!
Read your labels!
An easy way to save for a special item or to start kids out saving - or just plain old save THE EASY WAY - do this!
Save a penny for whatever day it is in the year.
1 penny day one. 5 pennies day 5. 1.00 for day 100. 2.00 for day 200 and 3.65 on the last day of the year. You will end up with $667.95 saved with NO effort at all.
IT CAN'T GET MUCH EASIER!
Odds are you could easily double that and ADD an easy $1,335.90 to your emergency or fun fund.
Get creative with your saving/emergency fund plan. Save 'the penny plan way'. Save ALL your change. Save dollar bills you receive for change. Some people save fives. Some save dimes or quarters.
Figure out what works for you and something that is easy. You will be amazed how much you can save. It all adds up.
DON'T FORGET - buying cheap or getting free items for your pantry is also creative savings!!!!!! Those savings are truly money in the bank.