It s 44* already this morning and going warmer. It is going to be better for most of the week, then colder again. So glad to be past the frigid spell.
So how cold was it? Schools were closed, and no mail delivery or trash pick up for 2 days. I have never seen mail called off before - but glad for those folks that it was.
Not much going on here. Just the same old stuff.
Have been doing all our normal things, nothing exciting. Got a reminder this week when reading Vickie's blog - Vickie's Kitchen and Garden that we are at that spring cleaning time of the year! Good grief, I just finished fall cleaning a month or so ago (or so it seems). But yes, it's time to get back at it - so we have nice weather time free (when it arrives).
My frugal week:
- My biggest thing was staying on the property all week and NO shopping or spending at all.
- Used some leftover hotdog buns as garlic toast (I love toasted buns)
- Made squirrel/bird treats from what we have at home two times this week
- Cleaning the frig and came across a tub of fudge I hid!!!!!! YAY - yummy
- Found a pair of lined leggings that I had forgot about - they sure did help during that cold snap
- Gave myself a spa night (candles & bubbles) and a pedicure - oh my poor feet needed it!
- Made chocolate chip/brownie cookies
- Made super fast and crystal clear ice cubes outside this week! Why not?
- Cut G's and my hair
- Used the last of potatoes in a casserole - they needed to be used up soon
- Doing all the normal stuff all week - including using what we have and cooking from scratch - made a couple meals that served as dinner more than one night
Hamburger/veggie soup - 2X
Dirty rice w/ground sausage and salad
Baked spaghetti - 2X, with garlic toast and salad
Ham/cheese/potato bake and salad
Chicken/veggie stir fry over cheesy rice
Do you have any plans for the month of February?
I keep hearing some people say it will be a tough month others say easy - because it is shorter! It's 2 - 3 days shorter at most. I guess I don't understand. It's just another month here.
I guess I will get busy with the cleaning projects again (sigh). I will continue to use what I have and try not to go crazy at the stores. I may end up buying a new computer, if I can find a deal. Mine is slowly getting very persnickety! LOL
How was your week? Cold or hot where you are? Did you get any deals? Give us a shout out!
Health, happiness, and safety to you all. I pray you are blessed beyond measure.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.