We have had the wettest and ickiest February in years and years. Hopefully March will be better. It seems every weekend has brought a pretty extensive weather event this month!
Today is no exception. Oh my, the wind is just ridiculous! We mare having 35 - 45 mph sustained winds and gusts of 60 mph. Most of the rain missed our area last night, but this wind...….UGH!
Momma and Fluffy are hiding under the back porch - the greenhouse is rattling too much for them. Poor babies.
It has truly been a super quiet week. Just haven't had a lot of oomph!
My frugal week:
- Did a lot of reading and research
- Been working on my deep spring clean more
- I did go out one 'nicer' day and picked up a crazy number of sticks in the yard. I only got the bigger ones, there are a ton of little ones. So anxious to do spring clean-up!
- Scoured all the bird baths and watering holes outside on a 'warmer' day
- I found the leather punch and added holes to a belt that was too big - thus giving me a new one to wear. I have a couple others I may do as well (thinking of cutting one down that was G's).
- Doing all the regular stuff - laundry in cold, hanging much laundry in basement to dry (adds humidity), making tea, cooking from home, etc.
- I did go out one day this week. Ran to Kroger to get fresh asparagus - .99/lb. We love this time of year, as there is always affordable fresh asparagus to be had.
- I got a few mark downs as well. Not a lot to choose from. I got 4 bags of Heath toffee/choc.chips for .99 each, and can of Maxwell House coffee for 3.79 and 2 packs of blueberry bagels for .79 ea. I got what they had. Kroger clearance hasn't been that great recently at our closest store. (I might need to check out other locations)
Sorry the picture isn't the clearest!!!!! But you get the idea!
Meals this past week:
Grilled corned beef/Swiss sammies and cup of soup
Eggs, bacon, hash browns & toast
Cheesy chili mac and hot dogs and sliced veggies with dip
Leftover cheesy chili mac and a nice salad
Beef and cheese nachos
Fried chicken breast and steamed asparagus
This is so much of how I have been feeling lately. I am thankful everyday - but so much is happening in the world that is unsettling. It just reminds me of how totally fortunate we are. We take so much for granted when we should be thankful for everything. We live like Kings to many!
How was your week? Did you get any good deals? What is on your frugal agenda?
I love hearing from everyone - we have had so many new ladies commenting lately. I LOVE IT! I think maybe we are growing, learning and teaching - all of us together!!!!!
May your week be blessed beyond measure. I pray for health and safety for each of you.
I hope we all learn something each day, share something each day, and live a generous life.
Blessings from our humble home to yours!