We had another roller coaster week of weather. Next week looks to balance out in the 30's and 40's - at least nothing frigid is predicted thus far! Here's hoping.
Hubs and I finally got my new computer up and running - all by ourselves. I still haven't figured out some things - but I am getting there. There are just too many options to choose from!
We did not do anything special for Valentines Day - that just isn't our thing. We show each other love everyday. Oh, he did get a nice ice cream sundae for dessert that night! LOL
I didn't even buy any candy afterwards. What I saw didn't look inviting to bring home (chocolate was gone).
My frugal week:
- I forgot to mention last week that I did get my coupon for 9.99 for a bag of cat food!
- I was given a coupon for 3 Fancy Feast for FREE
- I saved a parmesan cheese lid, and candle jar lid, and a squirt bottle lid
- Got the computer running - no outside cost
- Filled jars and containers from deep pantry supplies
- Slowly working on spring clean. I got the ceiling fans and lights all done. I have also cleaned under and behind furniture. Moving along with things
- Friday I made a grocery SALE run - 3 stores all within three blocks of each other. Aldi, Sav A Lot, and Kroger - just meat!
- Kroger I got the Jimmy Dean sausage on weekend sale - 5 for 1.99 each. I also got a gallon of milk marked down to a $1 (not outdated)
- I ran to Aldi and got bacon for 1.99lb. I got 5 for the freezer, as I already had some. Couldn't pass up that price.
- Next on to Sav A Lot - I went for the 1.79/lb. ground beef (a good deal). It was the big rolls - which I am not crazy about, but thought I might get one. Well I got to looking around and found the deal of the year so far for me! I put that roll back. They had fresh ground on 'reduced for sale' for .99/lb.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEK!!!!! I got a total of 36 lbs. (all they had). I was flying high, then looked over and saw more orange stickers. Chicken thighs (8 per pack) for .55 lb.! WOWZA. I got 5 packs of them. G loves them - me not as much - but for that price I couldn't pass up.
I wish I had taken a picture of all the packages. I came home with 20 packages from Sav A Lot. I got it all divided up and into freezer. I also gave a pack a chicken and 2 of beef to our neighbor/friend. His grands were visiting this weekend.
All total with sausage and bacon I ended up Friday with 63 pounds of meat for a total of $59.90!!!!!! MY SAVINGS FROM REGULAR PRICE was $80.20!!!!!!!!!! Happy dance here. My freezers are full, full, full.
Let's just say I was blessed this week. I can't believe my luck. The thing about Sav A Lot - there wasn't a soul in there shopping but me on a Friday afternoon! Crazy - it is usually swamped.
My meals this past week:
Baked fish and beans and rice
Added beef and more beans to leftovers and made a skillet dinner
Fried fish and shrimp - fries and coleslaw (home canned)
Chili dogs and chips and dip
Homemade Lasagna - 2X
All leftover eaten or reinvented. Had fried apples and homemade chocolate strawberry sundae for desserts
How was your week? Any good deals? Any stocking up on the cheap?
I pray you all have a safe and healthy week ahead. May the Lord keep us all on track with humility and peace. Be a good steward and spread peace and love my friends.
Blessings from my humble home to yours.