I sure did not want to get out of bed this morning - it felt so comfy. It is quite cool outside and I had the window open and the fan on - my goodness the bed was cozy and comfortable!
The hot and humid finally broke for a few days. It is fantastic - and wonderful to have the windows open and fresh air coming in. The kitties are sure enjoying the cooler weather.
The heat will be returning quickly this week. We haven't had rain for several days and none predicted until the end of the week. Water barrels getting good use and the hose got hooked up this week!
I haven't seen a lot of hummingbirds yet this year. Every now and then a ruby throated baby shows up - just not a lot of activity yet.
I have blooms on the tomatoes and squash. The cucumbers are growing. The potato experiment seems to be working - plants are growing! Pepper plants are still very small.
See the baby zucchini? I have a few out there and there are lots of flowers!!!!
- I made a batch of tuna salad, faux crab salad, and fruit salad this week
- Made a chocolate pound cake - my goodness it was good (part saved for another time). It was from a Tastefully Simple mix I received for Christmas gift
- Mowed and trimmed
- Did lots of weeding in flower beds and weeded the garden
- Picked up what seemed to be a gazillion sticks and limbs this week. We had unbelievable wind for 2 days (40-50 mph). Sticks, sticks every where
- I 'found' several sleeveless tops I had forgotten about in the back part of the closet. YAY - like finding new clothes!!!
- Got to have A/C off for a few days and windows open
- Received a gift from an old friend this week (via UPS). It is a nice wind chime with a special plaque "In Memory of Glen" and his birth and death dates. It is just so lovely and so thoughtful.
- I worked on rearranging and organizing a part of my extra pantry storage. Found many things that will be used soon. I love getting things neat and organized.
- I went out 1 day this week and ran to Kroger. I wanted lettuce and tomatoes (still waiting on mine). I got some deals!
Polaner sugar free grape jam .49 jar. I got 4 of these for my sister. Dated 2022.
6 boxes Lindor truffles (best date 2/28/2021) for 1.99 each - for Christmas baskets
Peppers - .99/bag of 2
Pure honey crisp apple juice 1.09 bottle. Got 3
- I ate a lot of popcorn as a snack this week, as well as dill pickles and fruit smoothies (not all at once!!). Quite a combination - but for some reason I have been craving all these things.
- All the normal stuff - making Kool-Aid, also drinking water, laundry in cold and line dried, airing house, cooking from home, etc.
- I did several outdoor projects this week. I worked on the ramp out front and cut some rails that were getting bad. My neighbor helped with that project. The inside upright rails had wood going bad - so we lowered those rails - still safe but not as high. Just did this to make it look better until I decide what I plan to do with ramp.
Meals this past week:
Many were easy and cool - when it was hot!
Tuna salad with tomatoes and chips
Made myself a sampler platter with lots of goodies
Meat/cream cheese and pickle roll-ups and a fruit salad shake
Crab salad on a toasted bagel - 2X
Chili cheese dogs and chips
Chili sauce added to mac n cheese with cut up hotdog added - side salad
My sampler platter - tuna stuffed mushroom caps, cauliflower, carrots, pickle and olives and a little cheese. It took a couple hours - but I ate it all! It was tasty.
How was your week? Is your garden growing? Staying frugal?
I am now over 3 months in on this tank of gas in the Blazer. Still haven't hit the half tank mark!! Crazy.
Give us a shout out and let us all know what you have been up to. We learn so much from one another.
Stay safe, healthy, kind and appreciative.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.