We did have a couple cooler low humidity days and they were lovely. Now we are back to heat and humidity. Looks like rain today. It is needed for sure. It seems funny to say that after the wet spring we have had.
It rained Friday evening (shower) for about 10-15 minutes and I stood out in the driveway. I took off my glasses and stood there, face and hands looking skyward - after it ended I put on my glasses and saw that a couple neighbors were watching! OOPS. They all gave me the thumbs up and a wave! Something about a rain shower that brings out the kid in me. It felt so good.
The garden is growing well. Tomatoes have lots of blooms and many tiny tomatoes. I should be able to pick a zucchini in a couple days. Everything is growing!
It smells so heavenly out back. The yards around here are full of clover and it smells lovely.
The birdies are sure enjoying the bird baths! I have to fill up the one just outside the bedroom window about 4X a day. All the birds drink and bathe - but the blue jays and the robins LOVE taking a dip in the pool! They are so fun to watch.
I am finally seeing more and more hummingbirds!!! YAY!
- I called in an order to the feed store and went to pick up
- I finally got to have a one on one meeting with the tax preparer. I had it planned to go earlier and they closed (thank goodness we got extensions). I am glad to have that done. First time in 34 years - I get a refund. It all had to do with income and health insurance cost
- Mowed the front yard - back is fine till this week
- Filled all the feed bins
- Cut another old t-shirt into hankies
- I did a lot of cleaning. All glass/mirror surfaces inside this week.
- Cleaned nooks and crannies in kitchen - beside both sides of frig. It is like 2" on each side (store cookie pans on one side and holiday platters on other). What a cumbersome job! Dust bunnies? No. Dust rabbits? Yes! Used a wet cloth and a yard stick while laying on the floor - oh my what a sight that had to be!
- I am dog setting again with the neighbor doggie. They went camping
- I walked to a yard sale a half block up the road the other day. I bought some indiv. baking dishes - not sure if I will keep or gift. Brand new, never opened - Kohls price tag $34.99. I paid $5
- Been sorting through more paper work - so much
- Got to have AC off a few days - and windows opened
- Just doing all the normal stuff - laundry in cold, hanging laundry to dry, making use of what I have, drinking water & Kool-Aid, using dehumidifier water in laundry and using rain water as much as possible (finally had to use the hose this week), staying home.
- Picked a bouquet of various lillies
Meals this past week:
Cheeseburger and fries
Goulash - used a leftover burger chopped in it
Bean, cheese and salsa tostadas
Baked fish sandwich and coleslaw (home canned)
Homemade Subway sandwich
Homemade chicken nugget rolls
Chef salad topped with chopped leftover nuggets and a smoothie
Homemade Subway-like sandwich - roll from the freezer
Chicken nugget rolls - used hotdog buns
What have you all been up to this week? Any deals or are you staying home as well?
How is the garden doing?
I keep thinking about going to the Dollar Tree and Menards/Home Depot - and keep talking myself out of it! I do what I need to, but still not making a lot of trips out.
I guess it doesn't hurt a thing - I don't really need anything - and I am sure I would shop if I went out! Oh well, when the times is right I will know it.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. I keep you all in my prayers and wish you all health and safety.
Blessings from my humble home to yours.