Happy Sunday my friends. Hoping this finds you well and happy.
I have been in quite the mood this week. I didn't seem to accomplish a lot - I slept a lot - just in a funk. It was gloomy, wet and grey this week. I was sad, prayerful, nostalgic, and worried.
I have a gr.gr. niece who is just one - and she is a sick, sick baby. She and her sister (age 2) have many gastro/intestinal issues and poor little Adi is really not doing well. She was in our best children's hospital and then they sent her to Cincinnati. Mom, Dad and Adi are there and other family is home with grandpa. She is such a precious innocent baby - if you feel it - please say a prayer for her healing and for the doctors and nurses and researchers knowledge. Every test comes back normal - but something is seriously wrong.
She did do a little upturn yesterday - but still no answers. They have said this could take weeks or longer to figure out - but they aren't giving up. Poor baby is such a little trooper.
We had a ton of rain this week. It rained for 30 hours straight! It has turned chilly. Nights are in the 40's and 50's - but no heat on yet!!! Days are getting back to 70's - so that is lovely. The leaves haven't really changed yet. Everything is still green - just a blush of color here and there.
Saw Rocky racoon again on Friday. Dang that thing is huge and waaayyyy too friendly. I stayed out while the cats ate that morning and then brought their food dishes in for a while. I finally thought about setting the live trap - and by then Rocky had decided to leave! LOL
I wouldn't worry if it weren't for the cats.
My hummingbirds have finally left the area. No views at all this week. So sad - I sure miss those little jewels.
My quiet week:
- I remade crab salad into a hot dip
- I picked a few more tomatoes and some thyme
- Been using the soda stream for some bubbly drinks
- I thawed some sausage and used some for a meal and then cooked a re-froze the balance
- I did clean the back gutter - it looked like it might have a bunch of stuff in it - but wasn't bad. A couple twigs was what I was seeing. It is under a tree - so better safe than sorry
- I cleaned leaves from deck, back patio area and cleaned the floor of the garage. Did just a tiny bit of yard work - just couldn't get into it!
- I did bring in my one houseplant from outside before it got too chilly
- I ran to Pet Smart for more flea meds for all the kitties for the next several months
- Stopped at Kroger on the way home as they had tuna on sale for .69/can. I got 10 to add to stock. I also bought a few apples and bananas. I found a head of cauliflower for .99
- Just doing all the normal stuff we all do every day - nothing exciting
- Been using my melt pots and scraps of favorite candles for fall scent in the house
Meals this past week:
Hot cheesy/jalapeno/crab dip and crackers
Baked potato topped w/bal, of crab dip and a cuke & tomato salad
Sausage gravy over toast
Green beans w/potatoes and smoked sausage - sliced tomatoes
Small homemade pizza
Leftover day - a bit of this and that
Oven baked fish, mac n cheese and sliced toms
SNACKS fruit, apples & peanut butter, cheese & crackers
What have you all been up to? How is the weather in your part of the world? Are you still gardening or finding any deals?
Hey - you know we are now less than 90 days until Christmas?! My how time flies.
I know I need to get my bum in gear this week and get busy outside. So much to take care of and to clean up and out!
I hope you are your families are all well and safe. Blessings from my humble little home to yours.