Good morning and Happy September!
It is a cool and damp morning here. We had rain yesterday and it seems to have moved out - but still cloudy and damp. The rain has been much needed.
We finally had a front move through that cooled us a bit. It has been wonderful. Looks like a couple of warm days to start the week and then cooling again.
My hummingbirds are sure eating a lot - must be getting close to leaving time sadly. I watched 2 males have a fight the other day! It was something. They were actually attacking each other - zooming head first towards each other. Then a female (the voice of reason!) kept flying in between them, trying to break it up. This went of for about 10 minutes. Not like there isn't a second feeder or plenty of flowers - they just both wanted to be in the same place at the same time! Stubborn!!
I did make a grocery run at the end of Aug. and I am going to try and stay out of them for September for stuff for me. I do intend to go to second Sunday Farm Market next week - as it is the next to last one for the year. I do need to make a Lowes/Menards run sometime - but trying to stay away from grocery. I need nothing and I am well stocked - so no need to go and just spend!
- Harvesting - still lots and lots of tomatoes and many grapes. I have picked grapes 4X this week (destemming and freezing)
- Did a quick color touch up on hair
- Mowed and trimmed
- Chopped peppers and froze
- CANNING - many more jars of seasoned tomato/chili soup base, crushed tomatoes, tomatoes with peppers and basil (all from garden).
- At Kroger I filled a few holes in my pantry. I got olives, trash bags, freezer bags, corn meal, and more canning lids. I also got a tasty watermelon! I found a deal up by the register (not a clearance item) on 75% alcohol hand wipes. 10 packs for .25 ea.!!!!!! I got many - several will go in goody baskets.
- Did laundry in cold and line dried
- Got to do yard work - and it wasn't too hot!!!!
- Paid everything I had that was due for Sept.
- Washed out some baggies this week
- I made mashed potatoes one day - so made into a new item on day 2 and froze some of remake
- Eating from home, decluttering, using what I have, doing all the normal stuff
- AC off and windows open much of the week
Meals this past week:
Leftover zuch/meat cooked with eggs (like omelet) and sliced tomatoes
Rice topped with beans/carrots/ham soup
Mexican zucchini casserole
Smoked sausage 'dogs'
Poor mans Swiss steak with mashed and sliced tomatoes
Chicken/corn/potato cakes with leftover potatoes and sliced tomatoes
Eating lots of yummy watermelon
How was your week? Do you have any goals for the month of September? How are those gardens doing? I look forward to hearing from you all.
Prayers for you and yours. Hope you are all safe and healthy. Have a fantastic week!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.