Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Fun & Easy Easter Ideas for Kiddos (and adults)!

 Good morning.  Wednesday again - time flies.  It is a lovely morning here again.  Enjoying it while it lasts - because all good things come to an end!!!  Come Monday, next week, they are saying snow flurries and a low that night of 20*F - say it aint so!!!!!!  (today 70F).

Easter is on the 31st of this month.  I know not everyone celebrates, but the ideas I will share today will make it fun for young and old alike - and they are good for any 'special' day.  Heck, every day is special to me!
Might as well have a little fun.
How fun is this?  Make up little Smore kits with Peeps!  Now days they have Peeps for every occasion (and all flavors) - so these could be made all year.  Camping days will be here very soon - make it fun.

I like this idea.
Many have youngsters that they are teaching the meaning of Easter.  This would be a fun project.  Basically, just use a clay pot/or plastic saucer - a little dirt, yard rocks and some grass seed & sticks.  It would be a fun project.

Baskets - can be anything.  Any type of basket you have or can find, reusable grocery bags, homemade bags, a tote, a bucket......whatever.  Fill it with fun goodies, not just candy.  Hair accessories, bubble bath, nail polish, mini trucks/cars, puzzles, color books/crayons, colored chalk, Bubbles, socks, mini games or card games - the list goes on and on.  Make it fun and useful.
None of these items are expensive and be purchased for little money.  Shoot, I bet you could go through some kids playboxes and find items they forgot about!!!!!!!  (you know it's true)!!

Easter or any day - fun breakfast!  How cute is that?  Super easy, just pour your batter a little different.

Make goodies.  They don't have to be store bought or extra fancy.  Sugar cookies iced in colors and sprinkles.  Chocolate (use chips) covered apples or apple slices - top with sprinkles or nuts or coconut.  Dipped pretzels or strawberries or bananas bites.  You can use white chips and add food color too!
No bake cookies are always fun and they are so easy - and tasty!  

                                                   Another super easy and frugal goodie!!!
         I like to do these kind of like thumbprint cookies too - add a little jelly to the center - fun!

How about homemade Mounds candy or Almind Joy candy bars (bite size).  I have made these many times in the past and it was a favorite of G's.  He was a big kid at heart and loved those special treats.  Something like this only came about on special days!
This was what mine looked like before dipping in chocolate.  Stick in the freezer for a bit until firm then dip.  It makes it much easier to have them really cold.
Click on recipe to enlarge for better viewing.  SUPER easy!!!!!

Colored hard-boiled eggs.  You can buy those packs of fancy dyes - but you can do things at home a lot cheaper.  You can use beets/juice, onion skins, berries, etc. to get colors.  Make sure you add some vinegar to your colored water - it just helps the color adhere to eggs.  I liked using Kool-Aid too.  You can have strong colors and you can mix for special colors.
There is no way you can mess them up - each one will be an original!!!!

**Just a note here - when I make hard boiled eggs for everyday use - I mark them with an X or a smiley face before sticking back in frig.  (I use a marker).  That way they can be stored with regular eggs, and I know what is what!!!  

Celebrations can be fun without spending a ton of money.  Little things say- you are special!  Don't worry if you are on a budget and have no extra fuds - use what you have.  I don't want ANY mommas feeling like they can't make a special treat or day for the kiddos.  
Heck if you have a printer, you can copy off printable color pages of all sorts.  Make you own color books.  You can even make puzzles!!!  Use an old card front or calendar picture - adhere to cardboard - then cut into puzzle pieces (use a sharp blade) - and mix them up and throw in a baggy.  No money needed!!!!
Use your imagination and have a blast. 

Have a fun holiday celebration.  Make all days a celebration - just have fun and enjoy!
Have a wonderful day!



24 comments:

  1. Oh, those pancakes!! Gives "Bite me" a new twist. ha ha.
    Easter is a very special time for youngsters and you've offered lots of fun possibilities for keeping it affordable. I'm so old, I actually got a new Easter bonnet back in the day...went to church too.
    I've been outdoors in my shirt sleeves this morning; what a day.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - that is funny about the pancakes.
      Oh I remember getting a new dress (usually mom made) and a bonnet and little gloves for church.
      It is gorgeous here today as well. Windows open, t-shirt on and flip-flops!!
      ENJOY your beautiful day!!!

      Delete
  2. You always have such cute and fun ideas! Oh man, no bake cookies are one of my favorites. Or I should say, used to be.

    Another beautiful sunshiny day! The trouble is it shows up every dust bunny, dog hair and pieces of schmutz dragged in from outside. We are finally going to fill the herb table/bed and transfer the chives which over-wintered.

    Good day to work in the gardens, which I'm sure you are beginning to do. We surely won't get any more snow...will we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - got to keep things cute for the kiddos and cheap for momma!
      Yep, sitting here I can see I need to dust some places. But the windows open just feels heavenly.
      Yep, doing bits and pieces out there!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the no bake cookies, love mounds bars. I remember when i was a child going to Easter Sunday church and getting a new Easter outfit. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a Mounds freak! My favorite - well maybe after PayDay bars. I just love coconut. No bakes are so good.
      Those sure were good memories. All dressed up in our finest, and excited about the bunny coming. Oh, to be young again!

      Delete
  4. Hi Cheryl! Very cute ideas. I have wonderful memories of Easter. Always a new outfit to wear to church and a wonderful Easter basket made by my mom then family lunch at my grandparents. My mom always made this for Easter and I've started doing it also. It's cute and super simple. https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/easter-bunny-cake/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It sure was a fun time when we were little.
      Oh, that is such a cute cake. What a cute bunny!!
      Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I remember new Easter dresses and spring/summer hats! And yes, little white gloves. :)

    Another thing I remember is from our Sunday School . We had a big (several feet tall) white wooden cross with holes all the way through it, like pegboard. At Easter time, the children brought flowers and put them in those holes to decorate the cross. We put it together in the Sunday School and someone would carry it across the road and set it up in the church. I thought it was Beautiful!

    "Church dresses" had to have sleeves... no sleeveless dress to church. Didn't have to be long sleeves, but cover your shoulders. Yes, I'm old! :D

    Today I mailed an Easter Card to my daughter who lives overseas.
    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our special little outfits - such memories.
      Goodness, that sounds so sweet. I love that idea of the cross. I have never seen that done.
      I don't remember 'no sleeves' but I remember getting all gussied up. New Mary Janes, white anklets, gosh I had forgotten a lot of those things.

      Delete
    2. For my mom, sleeveless dresses were accompanied by a "cover," either a light jacket or sweater. Man they got hot in church. But if you took them off, you got the "look."
      Amy

      Delete
    3. Amy - the 'look'. That is funny - that may true about a lot of things when we were young and in church!!

      Delete
    4. If you were lucky, the white anklets had lace around the top! If you were like me, all those little white socks did was slide down into my MaryJane shoes. We were forever undoing buckles and pulling those socks back up!
      MaryB

      Delete
    5. Oh they did slide down - I remember that! So many things I have forgotten.

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of the smores packet. How cute is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the cutest? You could make those for Halloween, Christmas, anytime you can find Peeps!

      Delete
  7. That pancake is too cute. I think I might steal that idea and make them for the two gents that work for us. They are big kids at heart and would think this was fun.
    My partner also loves coconut, so I have quite the collection of coconut recipes. I do a version of Mounds also, but press into a tray, sprinkle chopped almonds, drizzle with chocolate and then cut into squares. Same taste, just presented differently.
    Thanks for these ideas, I’m definitely seeing some No Bake cookies coming out of my kitchen this week. Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ideas are here for all to use. Nothing better than a big kid!! I would sure smile if I were presented with that dish.
      I love everything coconut - so many ways to make the yummy Mounds. Don't love those little nudges you get about fixing something you haven't had in a while? Have fun!!

      Delete
  8. What cute pancakes!! I used to make sugar cookies (rolled) in the shape of bunnies, Easter Eggs, and chicks. I would fancy them up with icing. Haven' t made Thumbprint cookies in a very long time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean you can't get much simpler than the pancakes - all about presentation! I love cookies. Mom used to make all the different shaped iced cookies - I miss those. Hers just tasted special to me.
      Thumbprint cookies are fun too.

      Delete
  9. I love the peeps smores! Cute idea! Man, Easter is coming fast this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just so cute. It will be here before we know it.

      Delete
  10. Mounds is my favorite candy bar. But, they don't have almonds. That is Almond Joy.
    Using Peeps is almost cruel to melt them. But, I would get over it. After all, I do bite of body parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I am a lover of Mounds and Almond Joy.
      LOL - I have done that too! A head, a foot.....
      They should make Smores colorful!

      Delete