We have been having incredible weather. Yesterday was 70*, and today should be real close to that. I actually got to air out the house yesterday with 4 windows open! The kitties were loving it too. It looks like we will be in the 50's most of this coming week, till the weekend then back to normal 30's and 40's.
All I know is it is one less day that I had to turn the heat on, and one less day till spring!
What have you all been doing to stay frugal this past week? Here are some of my frugal adventures:
- Made a dozen hard boiled eggs and a batch of polenta to help with quick breakfasts
- Made cookies, breads, and candy with supplies on hand
- Stopped at Fresh Thyme and got 15 oranges and 10 red grapefruit all at the price of 5/$1. They are very yummy. (I crave citrus this time of year)
- Across the street from there to Kohl's. Got 1 gift. Was $30 now 50% off, I had a 20% off coupon and a $10 off coupon - so spent $4 and change!
- Colored and trimmed my hair at home
- Made 'fancy trail mix' and mini loaves of banana bread for gifts (for today)
- Meals from scratch
It's funny how the same store in different areas has different deals.
I know everyone is getting into the hustle and bustle of the holiday. There seems to be something to do just about every day. Today is my first Christmas celebration of the season with my siblings and some of the nieces and nephews.
I hope that no matter how busy you get, you still take time to relax and enjoy, and to remember the reason for this glorious CHRISTmas season.
Have a wonderful week.
God bless and peace!