I hope this finds you all well and rested and ready for Christmas day! It's hard to believe it is less than a week away.
In less than 2 weeks it will be 2016!!
It has been cold the past few days, but it supposed to start warming up again today. We definitely won't be having a white Christmas in Indiana. I heard on the news yesterday, that the warmer weather has really hurt sales this holiday season. I don't really understand that - Christmas comes whether its cold or not - so you would think people would still be shopping!
This past week has been a stressful one here. G's brother Gary got sick and went to emergency to be checked out, only to find out that he had pneumonia. They kept him, and then towards the end of the week he had to have an emergency surgery and is still in ICU on a vent for a couple days. This is particularly worrisome as he has muscular dystrophy too (like G). I'd appreciate any prayers! I have been unable to go to the hospital since the surgery, as I have developed a nasty cold, and sure don't need to be around him.
On a happier note - Christmas shopping is done. I went to Kroger early in the week to buy pop for the holiday company (store brand on sale for 5-12 packs for $10). That was all I intended to buy - well we all know what is said about 'the best laid plans'!!!!
The meat department had all kinds of clearance, as did the aisles! I shouldn't have looked - but it will save me BIG money in the future.
My weekly frugal:
- Kroger had organic chicken wings and legs on clearance for what worked out to be .39/lb. G always wants wings for Super Bowl, so I stocked up. It is amazing how much wings cost now, they used to be the cheapest meat.
- Bought 8 packs of smoked sausage (6 per pack) for .99/pack - regular 2.29 ea.
- Bought 4 pounds of Bob Evans rolled sausage for .99/lb. was regular 2.99 (I got all they had)
- Bought 10 cans of Chicken of the Sea pink salmon on clearance (2017 date) for 1.89 a big can, regular 4.29 a can.
- At Aldi, I have so far bought 3 ham butts/shanks for less than $4 each with their coupon. One is for us, the others will be gifted. I will still get 2 more this week.
- I was given a gallon glass jar - that I will be using for dry storage.
- All meals from scratch this week
I usually fix a roast on Christmas (I have in the freezer), so I will need nothing for that meal either.
I am sure everyone will be quite busy this week with all the last minute Christmas details. I hope you still get a chance to check in and let us all know how you are doing.
God bless you all and have a glorious week!