Good day to all. I hope this finds you all well and safe and healthy.
It has been another sort of cool week for this time of the year. It is raining this AM and we have rain forecast for several days this week. The temperature, however, are supposed to warm up. YAY!
I have a few pretties blooming. Poppies, columbine, spiderwort are blooming. The poppies open and then the stinking groundhog eats them!!! He HAS to go and soon!!!!!!! (working on it)
Well, the street light is now active. LOL - I guess you can call it that. What a waste of money. It lights a small circle of road out front and that is it. My yard and porch are still fairly dark - at least I am not blasted with light. Maybe it will be a deterrent - who knows.
There have been several good things that happened this week and a sad one as well. A long time friend (one of our camping buddies) passed this week - after a lengthy illness. I am so thankful his suffering and pain ore over -- but a lot of people will surely miss him.
- I HAD to make a WM run - as much as I didn't want to. Needed to get my little nephew a birthday gift and his new sister a present as well. I did find more cat food while there (I always get when I find it) and I bought myself a new dish drainer. My old one was well over 20 years old and repaired many times. I think I deserved a new one!!!! LOL
- Went to a cookout for nephews birthday. It was a chilly evening - but dry - and all had fun outdoors (I got to cuddle my newest niece as well! YAY)
- Colored my hair at home
- Pulled and pulled weeds! It is truly over whelming. I can't keep up. I pulled so much from flower beds and I trimmed lots of stuff. (I ended up with poison ivy on my forehead as well - UGH)
- I am all set up and ready for humming birds now - although I haven't seen any yet. Usually around June 1
- Finally got days where I could open windows for fresh air again.
- I went to a Memorial service for my friend (it was small and by invitation)
- Refilled all the spice and baking jars in the kitchen from stock
- I got to go have a luncheon with my sister and several nieces. We met a tea room and it was so nice. There were 4 generations of girls there. This was the last of the celebrations scheduled for sis's birthday (we stretched it out for about a month)!
- No grocery store - using what I have.
- Cooking from scratch, using all leftovers, no lights, no heat and AC, all the regular stuff
Meals this past week:
Added Mex. pasta to macaroni and cheese
Burgers and hot dogs & other goodies at cookout
Chicken sandwich and slaw
Open face 3 cheese patty melt and slaw
Beans and rice and a side of fresh veggies
Bean/rice/cheese and tomato quesadilla
Broc./cheddar soup and chicken club sandwich at tea room
Snacks have been fruit, juice, leftovers, and a lunchmeat sandwich
I think I will start working on garden by the end of the week. Rain will impede part of the week - at least temps are getting normal (thankfully). I will be happy to get it in by Memorial Day - that is usual time for many here. I am in no big hurry - the ground needs to be warm for plants to grow well, and groundhog needs to be gone.
How has your week been? I hope you are all well and staying on the frugal and stocking path! We all need to be vigilant - steadily adding - NOT panicking!
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13