HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Moms out there - whether children or fur!!!!!
I hope you all have a lovely day. I am a firm believer that Moms (and Dads) should be honored EVERY day - not just one. Sending love and good wishes to all.
It has been a soggy and cool week here. It is dark and wet and windy here this AM. Getting ready for a big storm to come through - it looks like nighttime. It looks to be a cool week coming up as well. It looks pretty outside and things are coming back to life - but we just can't lose the frost and chill. We have a chance of frost several mornings in this coming week - with mornings in the 30's. Good grief - it's MAY!!!!!
Funny story this morning. After 11+ years Coogy has figured out there is cold water in the toilet!!! Yep, just this week he figured it out. I find that hilarious that it took so long. He thinks it is great. He looks at me so funny when I take a seat - as if to say "why you sitting on the water dish?" LOL
My week was kind of quiet:
- I did do a little weed pulling - in between rains. It makes weeds a lot easier to pull for sure.
- Using all leftovers
- Paid everything for the month (that I have). Also paid home property taxes and taxes on another piece of property for the whole year. Got it out of the way and I won't forget come fall!
- Lots of laundry
- Got a chance to mow and trim the entire yard on one of the rare no rain days
- Cooked up a pack of pork chops from the freezer. Ate a couple and froze the others (cooked) for quick meals
- Turned heat on for a cycle a couple mornings to take the chill off - otherwise no heat or AC
- NO grocery store or leaving the house this week
- Use no lights to speak of - it gets light so early and stays light so late now
- Just doing all the normal stuff around the house. Nothing exciting here!!
Meals this past week:
Burritos (used up leftovers in them)
Veg./chicken lo-mein (homemade)
Stove top version of Shepherd's pie
Tostadas - bean/cheese/salsa
Pork chops, mashed potatoes (leftover) and lima beans
(a few meals this week were NO meat - my choice)
Well, after living here 34 years - we are getting a street light in my area. Right in front of my house!!! Well, at the corner of my yard and the neighbors - but that pole sure does change the view! It hasn't been hooked up yet - just placed. I guess they have been placing about a dozen around the neighborhood. We have never had lights, except at a stop sign on the street. All the lights are in the alley (and many don't work). So I guess this is a good thing - I'll have to hold judgement on how bright it is!
How was your week? Any deals or frugal things to report?
I really enjoyed our 'game' this week - so many great ideas. Thanks for playing along!!
I am missing a couple of our regulars on here - hope all is well. Check in if you can!!
I pray for health and safety for you all. May you have a wonderful week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.