Thursday, July 16, 2020

Peace In Life

What is your peace?  Do you see peace and happiness as the same thing?
I think there is a difference between them.  Peace can bring happiness and vice versa - but I am not sure they can exclusively be bound together.

My example is myself.  I have peace in my life.  I truly do.  I do find happiness IN things - but I am not sure that I am really happy.  I was!  It will take me time to get back to happy - my life changed so drastically and has such a huge void in it - happiness will take a while. (Some of you know what I mean).  BUT peace is what I make.  We each make our own lives.


Do what you need to do to find peace. 
Simplify your life however you can.
Turn off the news and media.
Do what makes you happy - donate, volunteer your time or skills, get creative, spend time in nature, talk with family and friends.
Stay local and support local and small business - not only will you be doing a good thing for you - but for someone else
Educate yourself - read, follow your favorite blogs, watch informative You-Tube videos or Vlogs.  You are never too old to learn.
Listen to music that you love
Watch what you eat - food can change moods for sure.  Remember you are what you eat.  Try to stay away from junk and eat more healthy and fresh - you will feel better.
Get fresh air - as often as possible

Whatever you do - LET YOUR SPIRIT SHINE!!!!!!! 
Don't let daily events get you down.  Don't let it win over your peace.  MAKE your life peaceful. 
I see peace as contentment! 
Wishing you peace, contentment and happiness.
BE THAT ONE!


13 comments:

  1. Love this!
    I'm glad that you have found peace. I wish you joy too.
    I deactivated my Facebook 3-4 years ago since I was letting it steal my peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard many people are deleting FB. It sure can add to our upset. I keep for family and distant friends - but need to get rid of some people!
      Thanks

      Delete
  2. Great post. I discovered my greatest peace when I quit my FT job and became a housewife. We lived in very expensive L.A. and I was terrified. We went completely against the norm. One car, one income (a 40% income drop), and lived! Honestly, losing the daily commute was the first thing I noticed. I didn't know how to drive mellow! I was impatient, felt rushed, etc. Then I realized I could relax and take my sweet time!! My house was always clean, food improved cuz I actually had time to cook and shop, etc. I didn't realize how much money my *needed* job really cost.

    That was peace with a capital P!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this. You are a good example of what you GAIN by LOSING a job. A job can be costly in so many ways - and it can strip away your peace and happiness. Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Love coming to your blog. Know I can always find peace here. Thank you. May you find joy in your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am happy to have you here.
      Blessings.

      Delete
  4. For me, I'm happiest when I'm with people I love. Contentment on the other hand is with me at any moment of my day. I'm fortunate that I have reached a place in my life where my worries are few and my joys are frequent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I find happiness in moments and people - but I have not found 100% happiness again - not quite yet. I am content every day.
      SO happy for you!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous post! There is a song about looking on the sunny side of life, written in 1899. It is in the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?", among other recordings. You differentiate between contentment and happiness. Some folks don't understand that distinction. I like your tips for seeking peace. Life is too short to put up with nonsense and toxic people and situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I surely do think there is a difference. You can have both or you can have one or the other.
      We need to remove the toxic and frustrations from our life. You are so right - life is too short.

      Delete
  6. Words to take to heart.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete