Thursday, July 23, 2020

Sanitize Safely

It seems everyone is sanitizing all the time now.  I am not much on using hand sanitizer - I use it now and then - but I use a lot of antibacterial wipes.  They are my go to.  I have them in the car, in my purse, on my counter - just about every where. 
Most stores have now put out spray and paper towels to clean the carts with - that spray is nasty stuff.  I am not sure what they are using, but it really irritates my skin and have heard of children that have gotten 'burns' of sorts from it.  I won't use it!!!  I take my wipes with me and use them.
I have so many people say 'why didn't I think of that'. 

You need to be safe while sanitizing.  Know what you are allergic or sensitive to.  Use what works for you and your family.

PLEASE be aware of what you are using and DO NOT mix items - it can be deadly.


I don't even buy bleach any more.  I use peroxide in my laundry to whiten.  I use vinegar and baking soda for cleaning, I keep alcohol to mix with Aloe Vera for hand sanitizer.  Bleach truly isn't necessary.

Sanitize and kill all the germies - but stay safe.  Don't let the remedy be worse than the problem!
DO NOT MIX PRODUCTS

**Also remember to keep all these products put away from children's reach and keep them away from your pets.

STAY SAFE

20 comments:

  1. This is definitely important information. Certain things should not be mixed together. Some of the commercially made sanitizing sprays just about take your breath away. I made my own sanitizing spray using rubbing alcohol and vodka along with essential oils. Didn't have Everclear so my son-in-law the chemist said that combination would do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good combo to use. Yes, the sprays are horrible in smell - for the most part. I can't even stand Lysol - it really messes with my head. I seem to be allergic to so much that is sprayed. Bug spray does the same thing.
      Better to be safe.

      Delete
  2. I went to the CDC website and am only using the products they advise, which for now is rubbing alcohol and bleach or Lysol wipes. I wash my hands at home to keep both sanitizer and wipes in my car as well as at least a single glove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. It pays to know what to use. I just can't handle the smell of bleach. So many things bother my allergies.
      I have a couple gloves in the car as well and some extra face masks.

      Delete
  3. Good reminder! I once combined vinegar and bleach and learned the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my!!! It could be a deadly lesson too. My Mom and I did bleach and ammonia once and I can't believe we did that. My Dad went ballistic on us!!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tips. I knew bleach and ammonia was bad, but didn't know about bleach and vinegar. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that it helped someone. We just need to be careful.

      Delete
  5. Excellent reminders to keep safe, Cheryl. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome - we all need reminders once in a while.

      Delete
  6. Add me to the group that only knew about bleach and ammonia. I had no clue about the others. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of scary what many of us have done in the past. I think we have been lucky!

      Delete
  7. I knew about them all except for the bleach plus vinegar! Thank you for such a timely post!
    I use Lysol - both wipes and spray for the extra cleaning right now (normally I use mostly baking soda & vinegar) with the occasional use of bleach. I don't think I'm ever going to get the smell of Lysol or Purell hand sanitizer out of my nostrils - they are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I just can't do the smelly stuff.
      I am glad this helped some.

      Delete
  8. Anti-bacterial wipes won't help with Covid. It is a virus and not a bacteria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my reference of the word was wrong - but they say they are good for Covid. The stores that don't have spray at the door for carts all have wipes as well.

      Delete
  9. Cheryl, coul d you please post the link where you found that little chart? I'd like to print a few for us and others. Never needed more than right now! Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debby, I wish I knew. I have had that saved for quite a while and have no idea where I got it. You might Google - 'do not mix' charts or something similar. Also if you know how to snip and save you could do that with picture I have here.
      Sorry I can't be more help.

      Delete
  10. I use baking soda and vinegar in drains that are draining slow. Well, my kitchen drain...got it to going good! I always think people mix stuff when they are not thinking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use baking soda and vinegar as well for drains. You are right, sometimes people mix stuff just trying to get a job done and have terrible results from fumes!

      Delete