Those of you who have followed for a while know how much I hate fireworks!!! Last night was the worst year yet! It was nerve wracking and horrifying. Think a professional fireworks display X50 surrounding you on all sides and lasting for 5 1/2 hours NON-STOP!!!! It was a nightmare. I cried for all the poor animals.
Recession, no money for food or bills - didn't seem so in my neighborhood. There had to be 10's of thousands of dollars spent on fireworks for just last night, just in my area.
OK - I am sorry for the rant and negativity. I was just so upset and I am really tired today - not much sleep.
P.S. - my kitties were all here this morning for breakfast as were the squirrels. So happy!
It has been HOT this week - my goodness. We got some rain at the first of week and then yesterday evening at about 6:30 a decent rain storm came through - thank goodness it wet everything down. It was much appreciated. I have been watering everything like crazy this week.
Garden is growing nicely. Finally getting blooms on the cucumbers and they are now vining. Pepper plants are growing some. We have broken records for the number of consecutive 90*+ days - more to come all this week.
Have seen this several times this week - this was taken at about 5PM - the heat of the day. HOT!!!!
- I raked the yard again - free mulch
- Cleaned up the over growing plants on the front walk - they have been taking over again!
- Got my registration and new plates for the Blazer JUST IN TIME!!! YAY!
- My dryer knob broke again (the back part). I have repaired before a few years back - and did so again! It is now working fine again - for free
- I had a couple chap-stick tubes that were close to empty. I used a toothpick and removed what was left in one and put in the other one. Not wasting any of it!
- Weeded garden - boy was that hot!
- Picked a bouquet - phlox, echinacea and lilies - enjoyed them all week
- Cut my hair
- Made a run to Meijer this week. I received an ad for the first time in months and what a deal they had for the holiday! Ground beef was 1.89/lb. (limit 2 packs). I got 2 packs which weighed close to 10 lbs. total. I also got a watermelon for 1.99 - my goodness it is good. I found a package of Portabella mushrooms marked down to 3.29 and I picked up some additional fresh veggies and a couple household items
You can see the 1.89 sticker here. Did I need it? NO - but I will and best to buy at a cheap price
3.29 for 3 huge Portabella mushrooms. A great deal around here
- Ran across the street to Staples (from Meijer) and got ink for printer. Hoping that fixes my printer problem. First time ever in a Staples!
- All bills for the month paid
- Made some turkey burgers and froze extras
- I drove over to the park just to drive around and look at the flowers. Noticed hardly no cars at the library (it opened back up a little over a week ago). I ran in - there were 3 people, counting me, and 2 were in computer lab. I had the stacks all to myself!!! I missed just browsing the aisles. Got myself 3 books
- Had several neighbors visit from over the fences and from the curb this week. We all caught up on gossip!!!
- Made some watermelon water - using the juice left from cutting watermelon and adding to a bottle of water. Tasty.
- Picked 3 zucchini
Meals this past week:
Leftover zucchini skillet and a leftover veggie burger
Turkey cheese burgers
Pasta/veggie salad (lots of veggies)
Pasta/veg. salad and a pork chop sandwich (small chop already cooked from freezer)
Jalapeno/cheese stuffed Portabella and sautéed onion and peppers
stuffed mushroom topped with peppers and onion
Smaller stuffed shroom and 2 chicken tenders
Fried zucchini (yum), chicken tenders and cuke/tom/onion side salad
Munching on watermelon all week!
What did you do this week to stay frugal and add to your household? Did you find any deals?
How are the gardens doing?
I look forward to hearing from you all.
Stay safe, cool and healthy my friends.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.