Another week has just flown by - this year is really going by quickly.
It has been hot, hot, hot!!!! Going to continue to be hot, hot, hot!!!! We have a chance of storms/rain just about every day this week - rain would be appreciated - but it will stay at 90*F or above. That makes for humidity and that is so uncomfortable for many. We have a heat warning with heat index feeling well over 100* each day.
I have another new gr. gr. niece this week! Adalynn Louise was born Thursday at 8lbs.. She is just perfect! Her pictures are beautiful - it will be a while before we get to meet in person!
I am dog sitting again this weekend - and I have a sweet story to tell you.
The young couple have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is just precious. It is the first time she actually thought about Bailey (dog) being alone. She said he would be 'sad'. Momma told her Cheryl was going to watch him. She said 'he gets to go to her house?' No - she will come here and visit with Bailey.
She said Charlotte looked at her and cocked her head and smiled and said "I love my Charro". (that is how she says my name). Isn't that so sweet??!!!!
Every time she sees me come outside - she runs to the fence saying "there's my Charro". She is such a doll baby.
- Sunday I did a huge yard clean-up after last Saturday's storm. What a mess - leaves and limbs every where.
- Picked up a few tomatoes knocked off by the hail - not wasting them!
- Made a batch of chocolate - chocolate chip muffins. Shared some with a neighbor
- Day trip to the Mennonite store - what fun
- Colored my hair at home
- Ran to Kroger as I needed milk. Looked around and found a couple deals!
Manager's markdown - 10 lbs. of rice for $4.00. I wish they would have had more than one left!!!!!
- I cooked one pound of ground turkey with lots of seasoning for tacos and pizza and froze n 2 packs. I cooked one pound with seasoning and grated zucchini into burgers (really good) and froze some of them. One pound went into freezer plain
- I picked 2 different bouquets this week
Some of the pretty phlox - they smell so heavenly. The white only appears every couple years - my neighbor used to have white years ago - and it shows up in my yard every now and then. I guess her way a letting me know she is still around!
- I picked a total of 12 zucchini this week and my FIRST Roma tomato!
- I made up 2 quarts of refrigerator zucchini 'pickle' spears with leftover pickle juice I had. I diced up one zucchini and added to my big jalapeno jar - making faux jalapeno
- Made zucchini fritters (makes 16-20 fritters depending on how loaded your Tbsp. is!)
- I brought some tins and trays up from basement to use in my storage - all cleaned and now deciding how to use.
- All the normal stuff
Meals this past week:
Fried green tomatoes!!!! (YUM)
Chopped steak and mashed parmesan zucchini (tasty)
Lunch at Mennonite store
Zucchini/turkey cheeseburger - loaded
Tex Mex zucchini skillet - zucchini/corn/beans/ground meat all spiced up
Leftover Tex Mex on tostada shells w/cheese
Zucchini fritters and sliced tomato
I am trying to use up zucchini in every way I can! My plants look sad after the hail - but they appear to be getting new growth as well! My pepper plants are still so small - I think they may be a bust this year. I am finally seeing some tiny cucumbers appearing! Tomatoes are starting to change color from green/green to pink - hoping to get some soon. Lettuce done - just too hot right now. Potato plants still going strong - I am anxious to see if there are potatoes this fall.
What have you all been up to? Stocking those pantries? Tending those gardens? Getting any deals?
I look forward to hearing from you all.
I hope you are all healthy and safe and those in the U.S. - stay cool. It is hot every where!
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.