It has been very humid again this week. I truly could stand the temps if the humidity wasn't so bad. We did get a couple of rains which was helpful
Next week appears to cool to mid 80's and they SAY the humidity is going to drop. That sounds sounds wonderful - but also predicting chances of rain several days.
The daylight of morning is coming a bit later now, and the darkness of evening is coming a bit sooner as well. The birds and squirrels are really eating a lot too. Hmmmm - I wonder if that means an early fall?
Been kind of quiet this week. My brother had to have surgery on his ear this week and thankfully it all went well. Hope it takes care of the problem he was having, as it was pretty serious. Sadly, none of us could go the hospital (only SIL was allowed). But it went well, and he came home the same day. Blessed.
- Wanted something sweet and made a butter cake - still have some in frig
- Renewed library books on-line
- Repaired my flip-flops. Hopefully I get through at this this year with them
- Made Panko bread crumbs
- Did laundry and used dehumidifier water
- Used rain barrel water - when watering plants between rains
- Mowed the yard - good golly Miss Molly it was HOT! I looked like a beet and felt like a drowned rat. UGH
- Did some flower bed cleaning in the cool of the morning. Had to get all those lilly stems out and down. Looks much better
- Picked a couple (almost) ripe tomatoes. No new zucchini this week - they are blooming again!
- Made a gallon of Kool-Aid
- Made 12 egg rolls - ate some and froze some
- A neighbor gave me a bottle of sugar free Gator-aide after I mowed. Boy did that hit the spot - after 2 bottles of ice cold water!!!
- Call me crazy - but I did more deep pantry stocking this week. Nothing I need now - but I will at some point and I will have it. I got more TP, cat litter, cat food, trash bags, blue dawn (huge bottle), dried onion flakes and yeast. Kroger had lots of yeast and although I have plenty in the freezer, I got more - as it may help family as well.
I am just trying to get prepared for whatever may come down the pike. I have no real need for anything at the moment - but whatever I can add (especially at a decent price) I will add. None of what I bought will go bad - so I will be prepared or be able to help someone else.
Meals this week:
Leftover zucchini fritters and a hamburger patty
Zesty chicken bowl (like Taco Bell used to have) chicken pcs., salsa rice, refried beans, jalapeno
Egg roll bowl
Taco bowl - taco meat, salsa rice, refried beans - toppings
Egg rolls (baked)
Loaded cheese burgers
small pizza (used leftover taco meat)
Seems like I had a theme going this week with 'bowl' dinners. So simple and easy clean-up!
Egg roll bowl - used leftover mixture to make egg rolls later in the week.
Taco bowl - refried on bottom, salsa rice, taco meat, cheese and toppings
Zesty chicken bowl - refried beans, salsa rice, chopped jalapeno, chicken chunks, chips & cheese
I did eat a tomato from the garden that had ripened totally in the house - oh YUM.
Just trying to clean and de-clutter more. Too hot to be outside much.
What have you been up too? Give us a shout out. Look forward to hearing from everyone!!!!
Stay well, cool and safe this week. Please count your blessings and not your problems! You will feel better if you do.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.