Happy Mother's Day to all Momma and Grandma's - whether children or fur babies.
Sending each of you hugs and well wishes. Those who may be sad today - hold your memories tight and count the blessings of each day together. God bless.
This week has been another roller coaster weather week. Warm, sun, clouds, rain, and cold! We set a record one night for registering the coldest night EVER recorded for a May date!!! It got to 27*F one night - brrrrr.
The only thing that seemed to take a hit was my grape arbor. It's new growth is all wilted and looking bad. I sure hope it regrows and sprouts.
I have nothing planted - garden or annuals - so all else ok. I took in my pots of lettuce seeds and onion sets to the garage that night.
This week we are going to warm again and more rain. I want to PLANT my garden!!!!!!! I am ready for cold weather to be gone for a while! Geesh!
My hummingbirds showed up on Thursday! YAY!!! That is the night it got so cold - poor babies. They were back on Friday and they are eating a bunch. I sure love seeing them back.
Sing praises!!!!My week:
- Got out the hummingbird feeders first part of week and made lots of nectar (have some ready in frig). They are now back!
- I have a bunch of sunflowers coming up in a pot out back that the squirrels or birds planted - free flowers!
- Made a batch of brownies - have munched on those all week
- Cleaned out more pots to ready for planting
- Mowed the entire yard
- Stayed home again - no grocery stores!!!
- Used ALL leftovers up in new ways
- Cleaned up more yard waste and put it out for trash pick-up
- Did have to buy a new car battery sadly. My neighbor helped me remove old one and install new one - when asked what I owed - he said "make us some sweets". I can do that!
- Re-arranged some of the 'yard art' just to make things different.
- Made more Kool-Aid
- Using the pantry and freezer for groceries
- Just doing all the 'regular' stuff we all do. Nothing exciting here!!
My menu this past week:
Chicken breast, mashed potatoes and green beans
Turkey rice soup (from freezer) and biscuits w/apple butter
Beef and bean tacos (Tuesday)
Chili soup (from freezer) with added leftover taco stuff and leftover green beans - made a good bowl of soup and grilled cheese
Red beans and rice and cukes/tomato salad (topped w/Italian dressing)
Burrito (using leftover beans/rice) topped with salad & ranch
Pasta Marinara over beef patty and side of fresh veggies
How are you all doing? Staying frugal? Using what you have on hand? Having fun with your food?
I sure envy those who have gardens planted and pretty things blooming! I can't wait!
I pray this post finds each of you safe and healthy as well as your families. Keep good thoughts in your mind and faith in your hearts.
I hope you each have a wonderful week.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.