We all know it is going to happen again. It always does. We are not exempt from economical bad times. They happen for many reasons. There can be a recession (probably will be), job loss for any reason, illness, loss of wages, catastrophic weather events - you name it.
We CAN'T avoid them - but we CAN prepare as well as possible.
We all face challenges - but instead of fearing what might happen - look at it as an opportunity to be ready and make it through with grace. It is possible!
We can make it through with what we know and what we have.
Some things to think about in advance:
- When the economy gets bad - you need your community. Whether your community is family, friends, neighbors or your city/town - you may need them. You will need to have a community you can share and barter with. People you can help and who can help you. We definitely need other people - greed needs to go by the wayside and helping one another is in.
- Reduce your debts NOW. Get rid of as many debts as possible - so if income changes, you can still be OK.
- Prepare your pantries NOW. Have a stockpile of food and other goods that you use and need. If you have your pantries in order - not only will you be able to eat and survive, but you can help someone else. Try to have a minimum of 2-3 months of goods - preferably 6 months or more. You can hide it and find ways to store it if you try. Add a little each week - $5 worth of goods each week can make a huge difference!!!!! Trust me - this could save your life!!!
- Be ready to live on less. If you have to take a job making less money - do it! Some money is better than no money!!!!! If you have to take 2 jobs - do it. You do whatever you need to to provide for your family. No job should be beneath you - honest work is honest work.
- Be open to every opportunity that may come your way - sometimes help comes in mysterious ways
- Be prepared to face the fact that you may have to stop cable, internet, extra phones, etc. You won't be buying new stuff, clothes, cars, or taking vacations or taking holidays, eating out.........
- You will have to get creative in ALL ways. Learning to mend and sew will be handy. Cooking from home. Maybe garden. Learn about nature and what you have available in your area - that could help you survive. ie. - where are nut or fruit trees you can glean from, what weeds are edible or medicinal, who has animals that can provide protein that you can barter with, etc.
- Look at your skills and qualities NOW. What might you need to learn? What books might be useful to have on hand?
- Look at who, what and where you are - know yourself and your limits
- Get your spending habits in check NOW. It will be easier to spend less if dire times if you are used to budgeting now
- Plan for the worst and hope for the best
- Have cash funds on hand at home if at all possible!!!! You just never know what might be needed
- Be willing to make lots of changes - maybe some big ones!!!!!!
- Be willing to live much simpler - no frills - no extras - just the basics
- MOST IMPORTANTLY - Be positive and open minded
Don't panic if stuff hits the fan. Know that you can survive and be fine. Life changes many, many times during a lifetime. We need to just realize that, and be as prepared as possible at ALL times!
There are always opportunities around us - we just have to pay attention. They may be things we never thought of - but we evolve as do our lives.
Learn that change if OK - it is the only constant in the world!!!!!
Stay focused, plan ahead, get your home and finances in order.
You can survive whatever comes your way.
We got this!!!!!!