Happy Sunday my friends!!!!! I hope this finds you well and safe and happy.
It is a beautiful morning here - the sun is shining brightly and the birds are singing. We have had sun absolutely every single day this week!!!! I can't remember the last time that happened. It has been lovely and we have a few more to go before rain comes to town. It has been dry for over a week as well.
Next week prediction says we will have days in the 60's!!!! OH YES! We will take it.
It has been another week of just doing lots of little things. Nothing big or major - but little things add up over time!
- Changed out my 90 day furnace filter. I started sneezing, and thought maybe my filter was dirty. Not really - I had my doors and windows open a couple days! Oh my, allergy symptoms have already started!
- I went to the library
- Changed out my door decorations to spring items
- Changed out the chair and couch covers and table toppers to lighter and brighter colors. Laundered the winter 'looking' afghans. Changing up to spring look
- Put up my boots, heavy coat, ear muffs and gloves - got out lighter jacket
- I did tons of laundry (cleaning household linens) and line dried a bit of it
- I picked up tons of limbs and sticks from the yard - from past winds we have had
- I needed a new plant stake for a houseplant and I went out and chose the perfect one from those limbs and sticks - all natural
- Washed windows inside and mirrors
- Used up lots of leftovers and froze many. I made potato cakes from leftover mashed potatoes and even froze some for later. Froze containers of broccoli/cheese soup I made and froze half a homemade pizza for later easy meals
- Cleaned out the refrigerator and reorganized the frig freezer
- Got to air out the house on 2 days
- Talked myself out of shopping each day this week!!!! Didn't really need to go out, so money saved. No shopping on the weekend - too busy for me.
- Starting to work on the spring deep clean again. Didn't I just do fall???? LOL Always something needs cleaned
Meals this past week:
Cheesy, onion potato cakes and a salad
Mex. shredded beef/beans/rice over corn chips
Broccoli cheese soup (from a mix I got at holidays with lots of extras added)
Baked potato topped with broc./cheese soup
Tacos made with shredded beef/beans from earlier
Goulash and salad
SNACKS: oranges, cinnamon/sugar toast, cereal, corn chips
How was your week? What did you do to stay frugal this week? Are you getting better weather? Has anyone started their spring clean?
Frances just a quick hello. Thinking about you and hoping your wrist is healing.
I hope this coming week finds you safe and healthy and frugal. May your days be filled with sunshine and laughter. Prayers for healing for all in need.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.
Proverbs 3: 5-8