Sunday, March 28, 2021

Weekly Wrap-Up 3/28

 Good morning to all.  It is the last Sunday of the month and Palm Sunday - the beginning of Holy week.  I hope it finds you well and safe.

We had storms again over night (2nd time this week) which made for an uneasy night of sleep.  I am kind of tired this morning.  The moon was glorious if you got a chance to see it this AM.  It was huge and oh so bright and it looked close - like you could reach  out and grab it.  So beautiful.
We had a pretty mild week, with nice temps.  We did get a bad wind storm on Thursday night.  That was pretty scary.

Everything has greened up so much.  Stuff is coming to life.  The butterfly bush, peonies, roses, rhubarb, onions (from last year) and chives are all popping up or budding out.  The magnolia trees are just beautiful - but that will end quickly this week - as we are supposed to have 3 night below freezing.  It happens almost every year.
Mr. Woodchuck is awake!!!!  UGH.  He woke pretty early this year - last year I believe it was at least May.

My week:
  • I fixed 2 downspouts that kept coming apart
  • Have picked up limbs and sticks EVERY single day!  Between the wind and the squirrels it has kept me in exercise mode!  The squirrels are making new nests and they keep chewing off small branches - most end up on the ground!
  • I did make a grocery store run - for fresh fruit and juice only
  • My neighbor mowed my front yard with his riding mower.  The whole yard will need mowed for the first time this coming week!
  • Cut 2 bouquets of daffodils and forsythia this week
  • Fixed the screen on my kitchen door
  • Used up all leftovers
  • Did make a run for squirrel corn and also got some onion sets
  • Cleaned up a flower bed down the west side of house
  • Just doing all the normal stuff.
  • Got to air out the house on 5 days this week - no heat on!
My meals this past week:
Broccoli & cheese rice with ground beef added
Dirty rice w/tomatoes added and 2 hotdogs (precooked from freezer)
Chef salad
Chicken strips, fries and salad
Deconstructed cabbage roll skillet (used leftover dirty rice/w toms)
Cabbage skillet and garlic toast
Smoked sausage sandwich, mac n cheese (freezer) and shredded broccoli salad

What have you done this week?  Have you been able to get any outside work done?  There is always so much to do.  I am making my list of things I need to accomplish.

I pray for comfort and guidance for all here.  We have had a couple of readers (that I know of) that have had great losses this week.  Donna lost her nephew and Crystal lost her son suddenly this week.  Please keep them in your prayers.  
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.


Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Jesus Christ for you.  
I Thessalonians 5:16-18

30 comments:

  1. Hopefully the forecast is incorrect and you won't get the freezing temperatures. We'll have snow this week again, so no outdoor work is being done just yet. Soon I hope.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is wrong too - but I doubt it. Still lots of chances for cold stuff, especially at night.
      Have a great one.

      Delete
  2. We had a lot of wild weather and storms along with tornado warnings last week. Spring is definitely here! We will have one night of hard freeze this week and I hope it does not happen since the peach trees are all in bloom. Last night the moon was so bright in our bedroom windows that I thought the motion lights had come on several times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems those years that things blossom early and we get out hopes up, are the years we get the freezes. Drats.
      I sure was a beautiful moon. Brightest I have seen in ages.

      Delete
  3. You have been busy...as usual! You make the rest of us look like slackers...ha! We could do without the freezing temps, tho it is no uncommon even to have frost in May. I remember one year at the track, all the campers just about froze. The Urban Farmer has been transplanting some things into larger pots, instead of the bitty ones from the store. This afternoon I am hunkering down on the sofa with a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember snow in May before - so yes we are one of those areas that can get anything at anytime.
      I really didn't do much - just little stuff. It seems I set on my bum at lot!
      Good day to stay in and curl up with a book.

      Delete
  4. Donna and Crystal, I am sorry for your losses. I hope you will be comforted at this most difficult of times.
    --Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very nice of your neighbor to mow your front lawn for you. Sounds like you had a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a nice guy. Watches out for me. It is easy for him to do the front since they are both attached and no fence.
      It was a pretty good week.

      Delete
  6. I’m so sorry for Donna and Crystal. 🙏 it’s definitely spring time in our world, too. I love seeing all the new life and every waking back up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind words. Loss is hard especially when it's not expected. Just putting one foot in front of the other day by day right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know sweetie. It is so difficult anytime - but when unexpected it is terrible.
      One moment at a time. Prayers for you.

      Delete
  8. Cheryl,
    Thank you for your prayers and caring. I certainly never expected to out live on of my boys. God is my strength. So many details to wade through especially since he was found by the sheriffs department so I have talked to a detective, coroner, medical examiner and the mortuary all in the last 2 days. They have all been so caring and gentle and that I really appreciate. Makes a hard time a bit easier. I know you lost your husband not that long ago and it is never easy. Donna sorry to hear about the loss of your nephew. Take care everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You take it slow and take as much time as you need to. It is a situation that is different for everyone. I hope you get some answers and answers that put your heart at ease.
      HUGS

      Delete
    2. @Crystal Hankey...It is never easy to lose a loved one. Prayers for your peace of mind.

      Delete
    3. I lost my mom suddenly a week ago. Prayers to all of you. One day at a time.

      Delete
  9. It's been busy here with more calves so more chores and more rains so more mud.
    Looking forward to 70s by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BABIES!! Yay - that is always nice. Spring is the season.
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like the entire country is getting rain except for us. We are very, very dry and in much need of rain. Glad you're getting your share though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe most have had more than their share. I sure hope you get some soon!!!

      Delete
  11. Unfortunately, we got hit by 6 inches of wet, sloppy snow so no spring chores to do for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!!!!!! I know it can happen - but we all hope it doesn't. Bummer - hope things clear up soon in your area.

      Delete
  12. No outside work as of yet. Now we are in the midst of a blizzard of sorts so no outside for the next little while.

    Staying in and doing some baking this week. Got to get ready for Easter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. Winter just doesn't want to give up does it?
      Baking sounds like a nice warm thing to do.
      Blessings

      Delete
  13. I look forward to your visit every time! I appreciate the nudge of encouragement so much. Things are so beautiful here spring, and my magnolia made it thru w/o getting killed by frost!That might change as of Thursday but we've had a wonderful show. We had a big flood last weekend and more rain coming tonight. So we do what we can where we can. I'm so sorry for all the losses in family and friends. Its so different for each one. Take care of yourselves.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words!
      The magnolias have been beautiful here - but hat will change as of Thursday here as well. It will be the coldest start to April in like 29 years!! YIKES
      I feel blessed to get to see them for a few days. Seems awful far north for them here-but they grow.
      Hope you don't get too much rain tonight. Be safe.

      Delete