Tuesday, March 9, 2021

It's Really Quite Simple

 LIFE - oh how we complicate it.  Yes, WE complicate it.  It really is quite simple to live a more simplified life and have a beautiful life and enjoy life.  We just add to many rules.  We make too much out of things.  We all get our panties in a bunch!  We all try to fit a mold.
STOP IT!!!!  
I have spent a big part of life trying to fit in.  I tried to be what people expected me to be.  Gosh, you know we have all done it.  We wanted to be liked as youngsters.  We wanted to please our bosses.  We wanted to fit the mold that certain family members thought we SHOULD be.  How about what we want to be?  That should be important too!
I have finally learned that as long as I hurt no one - as long as I am a good person - even if you don't approve - I can live my simple life and be happy.

Life isn't SIMPLE just because you don't have a bunch of stuff or clutter.  It isn't simple just because you can live on a little amount of money.  It isn't simple just because you are self sufficient.  It IS simple because you are living right.  Yep, simple isn't just about money and things - it is a way of life.

I love this list.  It pretty much sums it up.  I especially love number 1 and 3.  Too bad more people don't understand these things today.  Too bad more people don't understand the whole list!!!
I like them all - also LOVE "be humble" and "realize and accept life isn't fair", and "live in the present".
People seem to just get something out of complicating things. 

The other night I was watching an episode of  Barn Wood Builders and as they were tearing down an old log home they found a sign.  I think I want to replicate for my front porch.
It said:

Live simply
Dream big
Give love
Laugh often

Isn't that what we all want?  I think it really is.  
If we live life that way - we pretty much are assured a good life.  

We woke this morning, the birds are singing, the sun came up, we have been blessed with another day.  Pretty much sums it up.
Stop over complicating things.
JUST LIVE!!!  Life is quite SIMPLY the best personal gift ever.

28 comments:

  1. Love this post! Your list and the one found at the log home are worth copying and putting in a place that's visible everyday. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they are pretty darn good and oh so true.
      Thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. I like living my life based on how I want to handle things. What I don't like is when other people get mad at me because I don't meet THEIR expectations of me. Ha! Been there, done that, no thanks.

    I like that list too. I like to do something for others and not be found out about. It can be done. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Do things the way you wish and don't worry about what others think. There is no way we can live up to all others expectations. If we do so all the time - we lose who we are.
      The whole list is great.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post...

    So much of life, is common sense.

    But people are often low on common sense. -smile-

    Gentle hugs,
    💮 💮 🎀 💮 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness are you right on that! Seems people have more cents than sense!! LOL
      Thanks

      Delete
    2. So how is THAT comment not criticizing someone. Common sense is taught and learned but then let's keep cutting funds to schools and criticizing people for not just knowing things that parents should be teaching them.

      Delete
    3. Didn't say it was - just stating a fact. Guess today wasn't my day! No one is perfect!!
      Have a joyful day.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful list, thank you, and I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love as soon as I read it! All so true.
      Thanks

      Delete
  5. Great post and great list for a simple life. We do tend to buy things that wind up complicating our lives due to extra time storing and maintaining those things. We also tend to overschedule ourselves in this fast paced world of ours. Your post reminds us to focus on the simple things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is simple - it is up to us to make the difference.
      Just slow down a little and enjoy!!! What's the hurry after all.
      Thanks

      Delete
  6. Copied your list - it's a good one :). We've been reminded lately of how much stuff we all accumulate. Our friend/neighbor is having to liquidate her parents things as her mom just had a debilitating stroke. I'm looking around at all our stuff as we're planning a move in about 6 months. Not looking forward to packing and unpacking all we've gathered ;). Also, don't want somebody else to have a ton of stuff to deal with when we pass. Not being gloomy, just realizing some things.
    Stay safe~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reality can get gloomy! I remember cleaning out my parents house - 60+ years of stuff. Oh my. Not fun.
      I have been working on mine as well - like you said, sure don't want someone else to have to do that.
      You better start now with declutter if you are moving in 6 months!
      Good luck.

      Delete
  7. It was a beautiful sun shiny day here and I got in a long walk. I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this list. Although I will say #12 is very hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - I agree. But them being unkind just shows how miserable their life is. Don't let them bring you down. SMILE

      Delete
  9. Have to say - as I get older - making things simple has become more of a priority. I am constantly astonished at people who complain about this or that but who have no intention of changing things - they are the ones who complicate things and then complain about how it negatively affects their lives - it's exhausting.

    I have started some Spring cleaning and rearranging of some furniture to make things more efficient - for me - in my small apt. The declutter continues - bit by bit - but since I work from home PT (and can't do much beyond basic shopping at the moment due to Covid restrictions) I can pace myself and really think things through. My first impulse was to order some new furniture that would have cost me in the range of $1200! I gave myself a few days - looked things over again - and with making better use of what I have - I will now spend around $300 - big difference! But it's only because I gave myself the time to really think about it rather than giving in to that impulse shop. This means that I will also be able to save money on having it assembled (IKEA) as it will be some smaller pieces that I can handle on my own. To simplify things though I will pay for delivery - this way I don't have to spend time in a large store (or lineup to get in) - I won't have to wait for a friend to drive me - and I have a spot where things can be stored before assembly which wouldn't have been the case with larger pieces. A Win/Win for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thinking ahead. So many times, we need to just slow down and think things through. It makes such a difference. Huge savings for you and smart planning.
      I have finally learned that CHANGE is the only constant in our lives! We have to change that which annoys us and go forward.
      Great job!

      Delete
  10. Yes, so very true! We don’t need to impress anyone but ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. I have finally realized that not everyone has to like what I do or say. We all have our opinions.

      Delete
  11. Excellent post! Love the list...I need to copy it so I can refer to it.

    Hope everything is battened down at your place. Windy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      It sure is windy - hopefully it lulls a bit a little later.

      Delete
  12. Living the simple life is liberating as well as not trying to meet everyone's expectations. You can do what makes you happy and still be a good person. We have weathered the pandemic well because we live simply and don't want and need much. It is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! When you keep your wishes and life simple - it is so much easier. I had no worries about my pantry during the past year - knowing I would eat and survive.
      A gift it is for sure!!!!!

      Delete